LegacyGT.com

The Parenthood Thread

laff79

hehe youd think so. i actually got out of more than i got caught for. that and i didnt ever run from the law, ive always felt that if i was going to not follow the laws, id face the consequences of my actions. i also got railroaded quite a few times by shitty cops that lied, but i was still either a street racing punk or a dirty biker so my opinion was not really taken seriously in courts. ive also never had a public pretender worth a shit, so i had that going for me too.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh, and we lived in a county area, not city. the sherrifs there really hated us andmade a point to stop us any time they saw us, and kept a very close watch for us doing stupid shit. that and gilbert cops had a real boner for busting teens for racing if they even passed another car when accelerating. they didnt even bother with speed references, they would tell the judges that our rate of acceleration compared to others was significantly faster and unsafe. i actually got out of 4 of those traps in court tho. i could probably type for days on the stupid stuff i did, got caught for and got away with, but its not really that interesting

oh, and we lived in a county area, not city. the sherrifs there really hated us andmade a point to stop us any time they saw us, and kept a very close watch for us doing stupid shit. that and gilbert cops had a real boner for busting teens for racing if they even passed another car when accelerating. they didnt even bother with speed references, they would tell the judges that our rate of acceleration compared to others was significantly faster and unsafe. i actually got out of 4 of those traps in court tho. i could probably type for days on the stupid stuff i did, got caught for and got away with, but its not really that interesting

I bet the cops racially profiled you. Signed ~ KRB

• Mega Users

I'm sure I got pulled over all the time because I was a teen. It had nothing to do with the 20-30 over the speed limit I was doing because I was invincible.

the same sheriffs stopped us when walking down the street, and later when skateboarding down the roads. they did this from age 12 to 18 for me and my friends, until i moved out of the area. they continued to do it to the younger kids until the area was annexed into city of phoenix and the city cops moved in.

and yes, we caused all kinds of havoc, giving them plenty of reason to want to stop us, i never implied we were 100% innocent all the time.

Just broke the news of moving to the 1820's farmhouse/business opportunity to the kid. She knew of the potential, but not that it was for sure happening. She is not happy. And, it pains me a bit to say... I don't care as much as I thought I would. She'll have her pick of amazing spaces in this home to make her own. She says she doesn't want to live in a museum, but we will all need to work to make it ours, not a museum. I can't freaking wait to move. I can't wait to have local mini-subie-regional event here. It is magical.

• Moderators
Just broke the news of moving to the 1820's farmhouse/business opportunity to the kid. She knew of the potential, but not that it was for sure happening. She is not happy. And, it pains me a bit to say... I don't care as much as I thought I would. She'll have her pick of amazing spaces in this home to make her own. She says she doesn't want to live in a museum, but we will all need to work to make it ours, not a museum. I can't freaking wait to move. I can't wait to have local mini-subie-regional event here. It is magical.

Where is this joint?

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Part of it will always be the fact that you're leaving the house that she knows...that being said, time to cut the cord and do what you want! When my high school class started college the number of times I heard "Man, my parents are in XXXX this week. Why couldn't they have gone there when I was home!?"

Keep us posted on the mini-subie-regional event!

JJ, have you ever seen the old movie "All That Heaven Allows"? Rock Hudson and Jane Wyman. She's a widow who falls in love with a man half her age. Her children are scandalized at first (both are in college). She decides not to marry the man, and then her kids once over the "humiliation" tell her to marry the man.

Your daughter will get over it once the drama queen wears off.

JJ, have you ever seen the old movie "All That Heaven Allows"? Rock Hudson and Jane Wyman. She's a widow who falls in love with a man half her age. Her children are scandalized at first (both are in college). She decides not to marry the man, and then her kids once over the "humiliation" tell her to marry the man.

Your daughter will get over it once the drama queen wears off.

Never seen the movie, but you are exactly right :)