The Parenthood Thread

laff79

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

KRB - you got one tough chick there! Hope she does well.

Daughter did both shows. She was tired and in pain halfway through the second show, had an offstage meltdown just before her first dance, pulled herself together and finished all of her three dances. Very proud of her, but now she's sad that she can't do her guitar classical guitar recital next Saturday. She was trying to figure out how to use her left hand to finger the strings today and was mad that she was failing.

Edited by KartRacerBoy

I assume you plead guilty or not guilty.

Thanks for your insightful, as always, comment. I was asking more to find out if it's worth going to court? Hire an attorney? If she goes to court, will it be reduced, etc etc. Having lived in and gotten tickets in many states, I'm aware that it varies from state to state. So, I'm asking those that may have local insight.

Daughter did both shows. She was tired and in pain halfway through the second show, had an offstage meltdown just before her first dance, pulled herself together and finished all of her three dances. Very proud of her, but now she's sad that she can't do her guitar classical guitar recital next Saturday. She was trying to figure out how to use her left hand to finger the strings today and was mad that she was failing.

Man, she IS a tough girl! Good for her!

• I Donated Too
Thanks for your insightful, as always, comment. I was asking more to find out if it's worth going to court? Hire an attorney? If she goes to court, will it be reduced, etc etc. Having lived in and gotten tickets in many states, I'm aware that it varies from state to state. So, I'm asking those that may have local insight.

Easy princess. Just pay the fine and call it a day. Young, out-of-state driver like that stands zero chance of beating it.

And... she got her first speeding ticket on the way home, 10 miles from school. 72 in a 60. Could be worse, but that's a crappy ticket. He should have given her a warning.

SBT - how do traffic tix work down there? You're in NC, right?

I'm actually in SC. But, IME, plead guilty to the next lowest break, e.g., plead guilty to 66 in a 60. That brings into the record that there may have been a difference between observed and actual speeds. She was obviously speeding, so pleading guilty to that should help her case. I wouldn't fight it, just manage the outcome and hope for the best. Has worked for me in the recent past.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I would just mail it in and be done with it, unless she wants to spend a couple hours in traffic court in the hopes of saving a few $$. She could try and plea Prayer For Judgement, but by the time you hire an attorney I doubt you will actually save any money over the fine.

12 over on a holiday weekend, no way you are going to get a warning...

my middle girl has traffic school this weekend for a camera ticket. had the option of online, but i think it will make more of an impression if she has to sit there like we all did back in the day. also, when did they change it to 4.5 hours instead of 8?

the cost is the same as the ticket now, sucks.

Agree with it making an impression. Partly why I think I'll make mine go to court. Even if the cost and fine is the same, sitting there in that kind of setting might make an impression. We'll see.

i spent a weekend in jail when i was 19 for my 13th offense driving on a suspended license. when i was 17 i had to go in front of a judge and try to explain why i had 42 points against my license at one time, considering you get it taken away at 9 points. he told me i better break out the ole 10-speed. then i had to take a more extreme driving school course that lasted 2 full weekends to get my license back. id rather curb that from happening to my kids, save them some hassle in life.

overall, i think i spent over 2 months in jail over the course of ages 16 to 22 for a bunch of different vehicular incidents. the potentially worst by far was a weekend for vehicular assault, of which i was not only cleared of, but actually innocent. when i was 17 i got my license back the day before prom, and lost it again for antics on prom night. but i did get a 84 celica gt-s to fly, so i thought it was worth it. i cleared a 5 lane intersection and landed about the middle of the opposite crosswalk, too bad the cops didnt have dash cams back then, he was sitting waiting for the light to change going the other direction. after he caught up to me 3 miles down the road, he gave me a lecture, a few tickets and then told me how awesome it looked seeing the car airborne through the whole intersection. they have since flattened it so that cant happen anymore.

i spent a weekend in jail when i was 19 for my 13th offense driving on a suspended license. when i was 17 i had to go in front of a judge and try to explain why i had 42 points against my license at one time, considering you get it taken away at 9 points. he told me i better break out the ole 10-speed. then i had to take a more extreme driving school course that lasted 2 full weekends to get my license back. id rather curb that from happening to my kids, save them some hassle in life.

overall, i think i spent over 2 months in jail over the course of ages 16 to 22 for a bunch of different vehicular incidents. the potentially worst by far was a weekend for vehicular assault, of which i was not only cleared of, but actually innocent. when i was 17 i got my license back the day before prom, and lost it again for antics on prom night. but i did get a 84 celica gt-s to fly, so i thought it was worth it. i cleared a 5 lane intersection and landed about the middle of the opposite crosswalk, too bad the cops didnt have dash cams back then, he was sitting waiting for the light to change going the other direction. after he caught up to me 3 miles down the road, he gave me a lecture, a few tickets and then told me how awesome it looked seeing the car airborne through the whole intersection. they have since flattened it so that cant happen anymore.

I've got to say I did a lot of stupid things with cars as a teenager (chases, etc) but how bad was your judgment that you got caught all the time? I never got caught and never hurt anyone (thank god). And I can't believe I had good judgment. :lol: