LegacyGT.com

The Parenthood Thread

laff79

My daughter dreams of being a professional dancer now or even being a dance major in college, but unless her body gets much more powerful, I don't see it happening. And that make me happy as it is a single minded life and I still worry about the whole "body image" thing of a dancer. I just hope dancing teachs her to try hard, and learns to accept rejection when she doesn't get the part she really wants. And the circle of the older girls around her a great role models. Almost all are high achievers and put school and dance before boys and popularity.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

30 minutes home and we're already arguing. F Me.

par for the course. dont fret on it, give her a big hug and tell her youre glad shes home.

i dont know if you knew this, but 18 yr old (and 19 yr old) girls love to argue. they also are always right. sometimes i relish those moments of clarity after i stop arguing and waited for her to realize what she was arguing wasnt necessarily true. the conversation afterwards is always more fun. sometimes it takes a while, sometimes its in the same hour.

Best and funniest fight I had with my mom was as a teenager. I was tired of mom just barging into my room without knocking and I had no lock on the door. We got into such a shouting matching at the top of the stairs my told me later she thought I was to throw her down the stairs. The fight ended when she yelled, "Well, you're a pill baby!" (ie, I was that 2% chance of impregnation while taking the pill). I stopped yelling, paused, and laughed the hardest I had in my life. I responded, "Jokes on you." And the fight was done. :lol:

Just figured out she drove all the way home with the A/C cranked (on cold) and windows cranked trying to keep the windows from fogging up. Something is definitely wrong. I think the recirc button is stuck on. Poor kid. Gotta figure that out before she drives all the way back.

• Moderators

Well, confirmed today that the wife is pregnant with only one tiny baby blob (6.5wks). We had an early ultrasound to check for twins since they run in her family.

Relieved to only have one on the way, although having twins would have been cool and would have had it's own merits I'm sure :)

She currently feels like crap :( (just general nausea and stuff)

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• I Donated Too
Anyone here know much about Lexipro? My girl started on 10 mg a day, up to 20 mg a day after a week, if no change. Hopefully it takes the edge off.

It will help. Takes a few weeks to reach full effect. Take at night to avoid lethargy during the day. Will help her sleep better as well.

• I Donated Too
Well, confirmed today that the wife is pregnant with only one tiny baby blob (6.5wks). We had an early ultrasound to check for twins since they run in her family.

Relieved to only have one on the way, although having twins would have been cool and would have had it's own merits I'm sure :)

She currently feels like crap :( (just general nausea and stuff)

You horny bastard! Congrats!!

Daughter decided to dance in her ballet today with her broken arm. After the emergency room experience Monday night, she said "NO!" Slowly changed her mind. She has two performances and will be at the theater from 12 pm to 9 pm.

KRB - you got one tough chick there! Hope she does well.

And... she got her first speeding ticket on the way home, 10 miles from school. 72 in a 60. Could be worse, but that's a crappy ticket. He should have given her a warning.

SBT - how do traffic tix work down there? You're in NC, right?