laff79

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bumper stickers FTL

I'm sure you meant FTL=for the laff, not FTL=for the loss. Anyway, when I get around to it, I have to post a picture she took near the Byward Market in Ottawa of a place called 'The Laff'. I think of you every time I see it.

When you think of him, do you think of his avatar-of-the-moment? Or do you simply think of blue letters that happen to be arranged as "laff79"?

Mostly, I just think 'unpleasant'. Maybe also blue letters.

A good friend sent me a blog today written by a father who dropped his son off at college. This paragraph resonated with me (and freaking made me cry again): But with due respect to my son’s feelings, I have the worse of it. I know something he doesn’t — not quite a secret, but incomprehensible to the young. He is experiencing the adjustments that come with beginnings. His life is starting for real. I have begun the long letting go. Put another way: He has a wonderful future in which my part naturally diminishes. I have no possible future that is better without him close. Edited by JJBerk

I left college and went to another state after a month and a half of my first semester. 3 years went by before I went back and finished with a 3.65 overall. Some people just need to mature a bit before taking on something like that and I was one of those people. Still have maturing to do but at least I can focus on school work now.

Some kids also fall off over time. I had a few friends who were doing great the first semester or year but after time they fell into the party scene. Grades then suffered and a few were even kicked out of school after having great first years.

Edited by 05GT Guru