The Parenthood Thread

laff79

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

daycare's great. I could do without every cold/virus in creation coming back into our home. LOL

There is no way to stop that, it would happen once school starts anyway. Besides they need to build up their immune system anyway.... and social skills.

There is no way to stop that, it would happen once school starts anyway. Besides they need to build up their immune system anyway.... and social skills.

The social aspect is one of the things the wife and I like the most about daycare.

The social aspect is one of the things the wife and I like the most about daycare.

It will be interesting to see the differences between mine. The 1st kid went to daycare as Mommy and I worked the same shifts. Now I still work the same shift but mom works 5:30pm to 1am and our second child has never been to daycare. The first child is in school now and is doing good. The only complaint we got from her teacher is "Lily has a problem allowing other people to make their own decisions." AKA bossy. I see this all the time. I tell her often I am not going to play whatever game we are playing if she is going to make up rules so that she always wins or doesn't acknowledge mine or anyone elses ideas. She even tricks kids into playing games her way, convincing them it will be better for everyone.

I am sometimes unsure on where to draw the line. On one hand I do not want her to expect everything to go her way or have her demand that it goes her way but on the other I do not want her to supress her opinion or ideas.

Edited by 05GT Guru

Yeah, we are definitely a fan of daycare. You can't beat the social interaction, and the fact that they typically learn quicker in a daycare setting.

As people say, if they don't get the colds now... they will just get them during their first year of school. The older they are, the more miserable they get, and they will likely need to miss school. He's average getting sick every 3 weeks. We get every other one. It's awesome.

LOL

I think I would rather deal with a sick 5 year old that can tell me what's wrong and blow their own nose :lol:

We have a nanny and it works out great.

I think I would rather deal with a sick 5 year old that can tell me what's wrong and blow their own nose :lol:

We have a nanny and it works out great.

Even 2 year olds can tell you what is wrong and most of the time if you know your kid you can figure it out anyway. Nobody wants a sick baby or child though..... unless you are looking for an excuse to skip work.

Yeah, we are definitely a fan of daycare. You can't beat the social interaction, and the fact that they typically learn quicker in a daycare setting.

As people say, if they don't get the colds now... they will just get them during their first year of school. The older they are, the more miserable they get, and they will likely need to miss school. He's average getting sick every 3 weeks. We get every other one. It's awesome.

LOL

LOL that was us last year during his first year in daycare. I didn't get sick much but my wife did.

I've tried not to post, so as not to annoy anyone... but, it's over and we survived. Not going to lie, coming home to no pumpkin cello case in the normal dining room corner has been rough, but she is in a fantastic place! She texted over the weekend 'mom, there's a guy playing the banjo and a girl hooping in my dorm's front yard'. She's at home and I'm glad. I will miss her every day, but she'll be a proud mountaineer!

The drive home rocked - I drove a 31 ft rental RV. We stayed at several campsites along both the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive. It was a nice mini-honeymoon, and relaxing time. Don't know that I'd RV again - maybe popup camper? Though having water and a toilet handy didn't suck! So now, we start again. At what, I don't know for sure, but it'll be good.

I've tried not to post, so as not to annoy anyone... but, it's over and we survived. Not going to lie, coming home to no pumpkin cello case in the normal dining room corner has been rough, but she is in a fantastic place! She texted over the weekend 'mom, there's a guy playing the banjo and a girl hooping in my dorm's front yard'. She's at home and I'm glad. I will miss her every day, but she'll be a proud mountaineer!

The drive home rocked - I drove a 31 ft rental RV. We stayed at several campsites along both the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive. It was a nice mini-honeymoon, and relaxing time. Don't know that I'd RV again - maybe popup camper? Though having water and a toilet handy didn't suck! So now, we start again. At what, I don't know for sure, but it'll be good.

My mother had a kid at 42. Pop another one out!!!! Start shakin' the bacon, gal! :p

http://www.bidmc.org/YourHealth/HealthNotes/PrepForPregnancy/HighRisk/Over35.aspx

some of the concerns are super amplified over 'traditional' pregnancies, but the chances of occurences (birth defects, etc) are still relatively low.

My wife was below 35, but close enough that we researched a great deal of information regarding high risk pregnancies.

Also, if you use IUI, or IVF; your pregnancy is typically categorized as high risk. You just have an increased chance of things going wrong.