The Parenthood Thread

laff79

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just don't try to achieve the unachievable.

Consider the following quote:

Very well said. I drew the line on quite a few things, and overall we did well. Best part? We had a terrific time spending time together. A lot of laughing!

Heading off to shop for dorm room supplies. I. AM. NOT. READY.

At Indiana University in Bloomington, the guys in the rental houses across the street from the all girl freshman dorm had a tradition of putting up signs as the freshman girls moved into the dorms saying, "WELLCOME DADS! FREE BEER!"

A most excellent way to meat the new meat (so to speak) with their dad's approval. :lol:

Edited by KartRacerBoy

If anyone aside from me gives a shit, the gal made it to her destination safely, with only the most minor of setbacks. She did a great job and says the car is pulling to the left. UGH. 450 miles in about 7.5 hours. Not too shabby!

she head out with friends, or completely solo?

i dread my son asking me to take my keys for a 400 mile roadtrip when he's 18... dread is an understatement.

Completely solo. She participating in an incoming freshman adventure - backpacking for 4 days/nights. Coming from so far, she had to go a day early. First night in a room/apartment by herself, and 450 miles to get there by herself. She did really well!

thats a huge change. im not ready to deal with it either. my oldest is already 18, starting school at the end of the month. she will still live at home for now, but shes definitely flexing those wings already. theres already one 21 yr old i may have to make disappear.

The thought of my kids growing up scares the shit out of me, Internets, crazy people, social media, etc. My oldest will be 6 on Friday. I am not as old as Grandpa KRB thinks.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

She hikes out tomorrow and I get to say HELLO! I can't wait. I'm gonna make her facetime with me so I can see all the sunburn and bug bites! I can't wait! Oh, did I mention?? I took her macbook to work today to have an apple geek friend help to figure out how to get her music she wants from our itunes account into her own account. I turned it on, entered the 'usual' password, and it was incorrect. I DON'T KNOW HER PASSWORD. For some kind of reference, she set up her own gmail account and her own college info account and used the 'usual' password. I have access to it all, if I choose to look. Her macbook????? Not so much. I'm bummed. I'm really kind of sad. Just sayin'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

She made it out alive! Her first comment was that it was life changing. They hiked 18 miles with 60lb packs on their backs. There were 11 people, 9 of whom were incoming students and 2 leaders, also both students. She said it was amazing. Yet again, amazingly proud of this girl. She rocks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

thats a huge change. im not ready to deal with it either. my oldest is already 18, starting school at the end of the month. she will still live at home for now, but shes definitely flexing those wings already. theres already one 21 yr old i may have to make disappear.

If it makes you feel any better, one of my best friends started dating a girl when she was 17, about to go into her senior year of high school, and he was 22, with another year or so of college. They're still together now, about 3 years later, and a pretty good couple. Her parents love him, she's a real sweetheart, and he's treats her very well - he took her on a nice, ~10 day tropical vacation this past winter.