LegacyGT.com

The Parenthood Thread

laff79

I have not... I do have a secure IP cam in his room with a pan feature and sound :)

In addition to that, we use a 2 camera Motorola monitor. Works fantastic. A bit pricey, but well worth it in comparison to what we've seen!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was given a Dropcam (IP Camera) and it works great as a baby monitor. Movement and Audio notifications are emailed to you or are sent directly to your phone through the app. You can stream the live feed and can also access pre-recorded video from your phone/tablet/PC. You can also grant access to multiple people. It also has IR vision, and cloud DVR. It's a bit pricey compared to those 4-6 cam DVR kits.

I'm looking to upgrade to one of those DVR 4-6 camera kits to setup around the perimeter of the house. There are lots of shady goings in my neighborhood.

Edited by PeterJMC

We had one of those angel care monitors with the heartbeat sensor. It's supposed to prevent sids, but at least for us, all it did was give false alarms and wake us up every time the baby fell asleep.

we thought about one of those monitors... but I felt like it would give me a heart attack.

Plus, when reading about SIDS, it appears that when that 'happens', it's too late if it's actually SIDS.

Good god, I must be really old. I figured if I could hear her scream from down the hall I would check on her. If I couldn't hear her, she was fine. :)

Good god, you must be really old :lol:

I'm moving from a 1 floor condo to a three floor house so I wanted to have the ability to keep an eye on them from the finished basement to the second floor.

we thought about one of those monitors... but I felt like it would give me a heart attack.

Plus, when reading about SIDS, it appears that when that 'happens', it's too late if it's actually SIDS.

It does just about give you a heart attack :lol: ours went off at least once a night. So you get up, stumble out of bed, trip over the dog and run in and wake a sleeping baby.

And while you can use it without the motion sensor, the actual monitor sucks.

It does just about give you a heart attack :lol: ours went off at least once a night. So you get up, stumble out of bed, trip over the dog and run in and wake a sleeping baby.

And while you can use it without the motion sensor, the actual monitor sucks.

Great, my wife just brought one of those home. Angelcare right? How far away is the monitor from the base?

We had our 18.5 week ultrasound this morning. Having another girl :spin:

I convinced my wife not to find out the baby's gender while pregnant 10 yrs ago. We were rare birds according to the doctor in making that decision, but it was a good one. I wanted a baby girl, and when she was born I shouted in glee, "It doesn't have a penis!" Doctor and nurses said they had never heard that in the delivery room before.

Great, my wife just brought one of those home. Angelcare right? How far away is the monitor from the base?

The base with audio and video goes wherever...there is another sensor that goes under the mattress.

I convinced my wife not to find out the baby's gender while pregnant 10 yrs ago. We were rare birds according to the doctor in making that decision, but it was a good one. I wanted a baby girl, and when she was born I shouted in glee, "It doesn't have a penis!" Doctor and nurses said they had never heard that in the delivery room before.

I like to know ahead of time but I have a few friends/family who wait.

Was playing Cars 2 (Xbox 360) with my 5 year old boy last night, I saw you can purchase extra cars as DLC and that the Street Rods were available as a pack, then he asked me "Daddy, can we buy the car with the Ladder on the Trunk?"

He was referring to "Wingo" of course (pitcured below)

I had to laugh at that :lol:

http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/91375.gif

I think this guy is a Wingo wannabee :lol:

http://ricercarmods.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/ricer-mods-18.jpg

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

We figured it made the baby shower easier for people to deal with if they knew which sex the munchkin was going to be. When we have a second one, I have no idea if we'll find out or not.

When you have a kid at age 62 like KRB they do not feel the need to throw a baby shower.

Was playing Cars 2 (Xbox 360) with my 5 year old boy last night, I saw you can purchase extra cars as DLC and that the Street Rods were available as a pack, then he asked me "Daddy, can we buy the car with the Ladder on the Trunk?"

He was referring to "Wingo" of course (pitcured below)

I had to laugh at that :lol:

http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/91375.gif

That car is cool.

I think this guy is a Wingo wannabee :lol:

http://ricercarmods.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/ricer-mods-18.jpg

That car needs to be put out of its misery.

My wife just messaged me about Marek's end of year "graduation" or whatever you want to call it from first grade. The teacher talked about what each wanted to be when they grow up and him and his buddy want to design video games. She also talked to my wife about reading levels. They measure them here on some alphabet scale. Most kids were reading at level "i", Marek and another boy are at level "L" and the 2 little girls he's talked about this year are on levels "M" and "O" (4th grade level). So evidently he's into the brainy ones.