LegacyGT.com

The Parenthood Thread

laff79

We were in a rental house on old highway 98, right across from Pompano Joe's.

We got married about 2 miles down the road at the Henderson Park Inn 3 years ago. It was nice to be back, I can definitely see making it a yearly vacation. The white sand and gulf water is gorgeous.

You went at a great time. Kids aren't out of school so the beaches are mosly empty compared to June to July. We usually take our daughter our of school to go in mid-May or late Sept/early Oct.

Tops'l is east of where you stayed, about a mile past where old 98 and new 98 merge. Try it sometime. To the east of the resort, the beach and land is undeveloped for 7 miles since it's owned by an environmental group. Beautiful.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trying not to worry that my daughter, at senior week at Ocean City, is with 2 boys in a camper, camping on Assateague Island. God am I an idiot. She'll be fine... I know she will. There were 2 girls and 3 boys last night, and she's coming home tomorrow. I don't think I'm sleeping tonight.

Currently out of work and no car, old lady is at work all day and I'm home all day with my 2yo. He is driving me crazy!!!! Thank god for nick jr.

Playground nearby? Let him burn off some energy.:lol:

She could always have another child when her daughter's at college... just like mine did :lol:

My mother and stepdad had their "oops" when I was 11 yrs old. Mom and stepdad were in their mid-40s. :lol:

Wife and I had our daughter when wife was 33 and I was 42. Keeps me young!

She could always have another child when her daughter's at college... just like mine did :lol:

Aside from the fact that it's physically impossible... OH HELL NO!!!!!!!!! Not happening. Not ever.

After my mom passed away, my dad remarried. I have a 9 YO brother and an 11 YO sister. I'm 44. To fair, my dad adopted me after he and my mom were married for a while - he's only 14 years older than I, but still...

Aside from the fact that it's physically impossible... OH HELL NO!!!!!!!!! Not happening. Not ever.

After my mom passed away, my dad remarried. I have a 9 YO brother and an 11 YO sister. I'm 44. To fair, my dad adopted me after he and my mom were married for a while - he's only 14 years older than I, but still...

You've got me beat- I thought me having a 4 y/o sister (I'm 24) was quite the gap, but I suppose I was wrong!

No, I do not. I'll stop posting in here if that's what you mean.

However, kids are in my not-too-distant future. Just trying to prepare for whenever that happens by seeing how others handle different situations

No, I do not. I'll stop posting in here if that's what you mean.

However, kids are in my not-too-distant future. Just trying to prepare for whenever that happens by seeing how others handle different situations

Wait 4 or 5 yrs after you get married b4 you have kids. Make sure the marriage is strong b4 you put kids into the eqation. As a divorce attorney, I saw too many people who were eager to pop out kids quickly after marriage. Then came divorce and separation from those kids.

Wait 4 or 5 yrs after you get married b4 you have kids. Make sure the marriage is strong b4 you put kids into the eqation. As a divorce attorney, I saw too many people who were eager to pop out kids quickly after marriage. Then came divorce and separation from those kids.

Wedding is this October (have been together 5-1/2 years), and we definitely do want to wait a few years to enjoy ourselves before we start a family. That being said, I don't think it's ever too early to start thinking about being a good parent.

Wedding is this October (have been together 5-1/2 years), and we definitely do want to wait a few years to enjoy ourselves before we start a family. That being said, I don't think it's ever too early to start thinking about being a good parent.

Believe it or not, those previous 5 1/2 yrs don't count. For some reason, the wedding changes things in some couple's minds and how they interact. Wait more than a few years. Wait 4 or 5.

I can't imagine not having custody of my daughter and seeing her everyday.

I will say no more on it.