LegacyGT.com

lgt wagon...seat fixed, she loves the car!!!

for those of you not following my little saga, a couple of months ago we bought an lgt ltd wagon auto to replace my wife's saab that had 103k miles. my wife has short legs and a not so great back and has trouble getting comfy in car seats. we did a few test drives of the lgt and everything seemed fine, but after we bought the subi she said it was hurting her back.

well to make a long story short, a couple of weeks ago we had a local auto seat repair shop modify the driver's seat. basically the issue for my wife was that the angle of the seat bottom put pressure on my wife's back which made her uncomfortable. they took a look to see if the mounting bolts could be swapped out (they can't) and instead repadded the bottom seat cushion to make the seat lie 'flatter', thus alleviating the pressure on her back. after the repairs she has been driving around town and said it seemed better, but the true test came the past few days as she went to boy scout camp with our son--a 3 hour drive up into the northern sierra. she came home last night and said the seat was great and that she really loves the car!!!

whew, i'm safe once again....2500 miles on the odo and no issues at all.

Glad it worked out for you. Yea I didn’t like the driving position very much, to me the seat is too high (maybe the problem you discribed). I would had changed it if I got a cloth one but the leather is just too nice to mess with it. My wife like the car so far on the passenger’s side.

I am at 2k miles, no problem and going strong ;-)

Great to hear a resolution to this problem! :) Glad your wife is all comfy and can enjoy the LGT to its fullest !

I wish you guys many miles of happy and safe motoring.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Glad it worked out for you. Yea I didn’t like the driving position very much, to me the seat is too high (maybe the problem you discribed). I would had changed it if I got a cloth one but the leather is just too nice to mess with it. My wife like the car so far on the passenger’s side.

I am at 2k miles, no problem and going strong ;-)

we have the ltd (leather) as well, and i can tell you there is no way to tell that anything has been done to the seat. the guy we used did really nice work.

Archived