LegacyGT.com

what clutch should i get for my 2005 legacy gt....

subidoony

Thank you. As of Monday my throw out bearing has been screaming at me and I can now feel clutch pedal vibrating when engaging / disengaging clutch. Car has been sitting since Monday night while I order parts and get ready to spend a weekend ripping it apart.

Also wanted to know if I need to get flywheel bolts or if my oem ones will work with the smfw?

I've got CM FX300 kit with WRX SMFW that Paul installed in my wagon. I like it a lot, it does make some rattling sound on hard accel//deccel but otherwise very pleasant to drive.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I've got CM FX300 kit with WRX SMFW that Paul installed in my wagon. I like it a lot, it does make some rattling sound on hard accel//deccel but otherwise very pleasant to drive.

That's funny, because I have the same setup on my wagon and I don't have any chatter from accel or deccel. I guess I am one of the lucky ones?? :spin:

OP, I think the FX300 (or maybe now the FX350) would be a good choice because the clutch pedal feels LIGHTER than stock. I will say it's more "springy" and more abrupt upon take up, but it's a nice feeling clutch.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

Thank you. As of Monday my throw out bearing has been screaming at me and I can now feel clutch pedal vibrating when engaging / disengaging clutch. Car has been sitting since Monday night while I order parts and get ready to spend a weekend ripping it apart.

Also wanted to know if I need to get flywheel bolts or if my oem ones will work with the smfw?

You don't NEED new flywheel bolts UNLESS you end up stripping the star bolts upon removal. I picked up the Torx Plus 50 bit on Amazon and didn't have a problem removing the bolts, allowing me to reuse them when reinstalling an ACT streetlite.

I just replaced my clutch assembly with the 07 GT conversion kit from Fred Beans with single mass flywheel and new flywheel bolts. Had my local dealer install. What a difference. I love the new clutch. Clutch pedal feel is at least 50% lighter then the dual mass setup, very smooth engagement and shifting, with no chatter or clutch smell. A night and day difference.

• 2 weeks later...
recommendations for a 360hp legacy wagon?

I have a Spec with about 20k on it and its beginning to slip

I dont want to have to do this again in 20k more miles.

thanks

I had good luck on my LGT sedan with a DXD clutch from South Bend Clutch. With a SMFW the Stage 3 Daily is rated at 400 ft-lb, part# FJK1001-SS-O, http://www.dxdracingclutches.com/html/wrx_impreza.html. They get good reviews from the Audi guys, but don't seem to be real popular with Subarus.

Cheers!

Kyle "BlackHole"

Archived