• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Intake is back on...

38467125146_1326ee3de3_c.jpgDSC_1368 by Rodan AZ, on Flickr

Engine is ready to go back in the car. I need to do some more cleaning on both the car and a bunch of the parts before re-assembly. I was trying to keep things from snowballing, but it's going to get a new heater core and clutch hydraulics because both of those are far easier with the engine out. Keeping my fingers crossed for next weekend...

I pulled the trigger on the rear 4 piston... with the sale, it wasn't much more than a sport upgrade for my NA. I'd been debating back and forth...

Now I just need fronts... :p

Probably going with the Trackspeed 11.75, or 949 11.75 kit... neither have done a very good job updating the info on their sites. It'll be after the holidays anyway.

Today, I'm removing the dash in the NB to install a heater core. Fun stuff... :lol:

The heater core install yesterday was a sh*t show... sometimes I'd love to get my hands around the necks of some of these engineers... :mad:

Good progress today though...

Got it cleaned up

38644055311_22fc5bbb17_c.jpgDSC_1377 by Rodan AZ, on Flickr

And the new motor in

37926560604_3c970c07e7_c.jpgDSC_1380 by Rodan AZ, on Flickr

Still more to do... hoping to get it started tomorrow.

Car design rule #1: You take a heater core and build the rest of the car around it.

:lol: Ain't that the truth. Although it wasn't as much the location (although I did remove the entire dash), it was the two o-rings that seal the lines that were the issue. Even on the bench it took forever to get them seated properly.

In other news, FM has some great suspension prices today only, if anyone needs anything...

tumblr_ovo7ybkJUd1w8qokno1_500.gif

Finished up the install, and it fired up immediately! :D

38664564651_bbd0847483_c.jpgDSC_1390 by Rodan AZ, on Flickr

I did get a CEL, which after I pulled it was a P0106 - MAP problem. Turns out I missed a vacuum line... :p Fixed that and it was all good. Moved for the first time under its own power since I've owned it. Even circumnavigated the block, which is all I dared, since I need to get it insured and reinstate the registration tomorrow.

I rewarded it with a bath...

38632492262_d759d78c2b_c.jpgDSC_1388 by Rodan AZ, on Flickr

This morning, I totaled up all the receipts on the NB, always a scary proposition...

At this point, I'm all in for $1658.20, including the purchase price, and the engine. It's amazing how fast the little stuff adds up. I plan to sell the BP4W head off the '99 engine, so I hope to recoup some $$ there.

So, I decided the Plastidip process takes to long and just rattle canned the hood satin black.

Much better, IMHO... now it doesn't look like the car has herpes. :p Good enough, 'till I get a new hood.

Much better choice!

Did the final walk through on the house new house today should be getting keys on the 6th and moving in on the 9th... Once we get settled in the Miata is going up on Jack stands and I'm finally going to do this work I've been putting off for way too long!

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight