LegacyGT.com

Bought a Miata

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ordered up a new fuel tank for the tow rig over Memorial Day weekend. Stock fuel is 33gal, this one is 55gal. Makes a significant difference at 9 mpg...

Bigger tank is BIG!

41688591855_5fd59fda81_c.jpg

Good thing the sale included free shipping!!! :p

What are you towing with? That's even a figure for a big rig.

453747.png

We're just over 50ft total length and ~22,000 lbs gross, depending on which car is in the trailer, and what else we're taking along. It can make parking lots very interesting... :p

We're just over 50ft total length and ~22,000 lbs gross, depending on which car is in the trailer, and what else we're taking along. It can make parking lots very interesting... :p

At least you don't have wagon steering on your trailer, that would make it a lot more interesting.

This dude is doing it well:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkKFpoELhj4]Konsten att vända en långtradare! - YouTube[/ame]

And that's a pretty normal truck/trailer combo over here.

453747.png

Finished the headlight delete/replacement project today. I don't expect that the LED lights would be suitable for DD use, but to get home in an emergency they should be sufficient, considering it's pretty unlikely this car will be driven at night these days.

42673156912_e335448e04_c.jpg

42004054004_a56c35d054_c.jpg

42004053664_522f4b341a_c.jpg

Also I haven't done a damned thing with mine... First time it got driven in a month was last night when a friend of mine wanted to test drive it to see if he wanted a Miata.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

Better than I expected...

42726192811_f5374b2fa0_c.jpg

The funky reflection at the top is from the 'turn signal' housing the light is projecting through.

41826580925_67562e8b5d_c.jpg

Pretty good cutoff on the road as well... definitely enough for around town driving. Hopefully that reflection will be high enough not to bother other drivers. Not that I don't get blinded by everyone on the road when driving a Miata... :p

Looks pretty good.

Try some matte black tape at the bottom of the turn signal housing to see if it dampens the reflection. Even a velcro surface could be used to "eat up" the light.

Just try in one light first and see if it's effective. It could be the approval text in the lens that's the culprit.

453747.png

• 2 weeks later...

Can't believe this thread has been quiet for two weeks!

We just returned from Flyin' Miata Summer Camp 2018. :D

28154416827_ed8fa8bd71_c.jpg

Had a great time! Both the wife and I beat our times from last year, though I didn't make the goal I had set. It was extremely hot, though... didn't make for fast times.

Car ran great, though has developed a couple of issues I'll need to address (more on that later).

43023879171_c6da6b2bcd_c.jpg

Truck ran perfectly, and the new tank achieved exactly the results I was looking for, and the reduced time in fuel stops saved us about an hour over the 1100 mile round trip.

FM has some changes going on, and as a result was clearing out old stuff. The had a bunch of stuff at closeout prices and a whole bunch of parts from their salvage days, and V8 swap takeoffs that were free for the taking! Fortunately, I knew a guy with a trailer! :p

Dumpster diving score:

42304162724_4c103e67e9_c.jpg

Also scored some other parts at great prices.

More pics to come, and probably some video... lots of stuff to go through!

Actually, yes... planning to weld on fittings for AN lines for crankcase vent to catch can. The other one is in case I screw up the first one... :lol:

Might try some porting and good valve springs on the cylinder head...

• 2 weeks later...
Pretty sure I convinced one of my friends to pick up a Miata tonight!

So.... we're still waiting for pics...?? ;)

I finally got around to replacing my droopy eyeballs with Eclipse vents.

42504747414_f96338f5a2_c.jpg

So.... we're still waiting for pics...?? ;)

I finally got around to replacing my droopy eyeballs with Eclipse vents.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1783/42504747414_f96338f5a2_c.jpg

Turns out it was his friend who bought it, he just drove it back from the seller's house.

Eclipse vents was one of the first things I did to my NB2.

I actually drove mine today. First time in a couple of weeks.

2003 Baja 5MT

Drove it around today in 99 degree heat for the first time since putting in the CSF. Saw peak temps of 208 while climbing a pretty decent grade at 70mph in 5th with the ac on. I'm seeing much more stable temps with the new radiator.

2003 Baja 5MT