LegacyGT.com

New wrx?

wezzrocks

I really hope they do something this year, even if it's just a change to the powertrain.

I need a new car, my 05 LGT is getting up there, and I really want to keep the Sedan / AWD / Turbo platform, and I also want a 6th gear this time.

I also want Leather, heated seats, and all that yaz, so when the LGT was killed off I was really sad, There is no STi in my future, I hope they make the changes I need to the WRX.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What you see in those pics is the 2.0 DIT on a impreza chassis. That is going to be the underpinnings on the Subaru wrx. There not just gonna run a mule to see what just the motor is like its already in legacys. That's chassis tuning. Hiatus from rally is short lived as 3 door sti bows around late 14. Next wrx is probably gonna be first shown at Tokyo this winter showrooms spring to fall. There's a lot of things going on at Subaru the press used to only care about wrx but now Subaru can capture buzz with both the brz and upcoming hybrid.

That is going to be the underpinnings on the Subaru wrx.

Subaru repeatedly said that WRX would use a different platform. Also, as of last fall, no decision has been made on that platform. Pics are from this August, from Deathvalley. It was absolutely a test of the drivetrain in hot weather and nothing else. Don't expect WRX before 15 at the soonest.

Subaru repeatedly said that WRX would use a different platform. Also, as of last fall, no decision has been made on that platform. Pics are from this August, from Deathvalley. It was absolutely a test of the drivetrain in hot weather and nothing else. Don't expect WRX before 15 at the soonest.

I'll take the current WRX with that drivetrain, I just want a 6spd Turbo, but I want a daily driver not a rally car.

i don't know if anyone else cares....

but it has no projectors!!! :(

I saw that but remember it's just a mule. I noticed alot of Car makers are getting rid of their projector beam headlights and LED taillights. Namely the Impreza both of those lights are gone on the current model.

The catch with projectors is that they add weight and cost.

How much? They were standard on even a base model Impreza starting in '06 (in North America). It makes sense on an economy car <$15K, but not on a car that's $25-30K or more.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

I see more BRZ than WRX. Heck they pulled the WRX from UK until summer 2013. THat's one less market for it. Doesn't appear to be selling well.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/12/14/subaru-axes-wrx-and-sti-in-uk/

Auto Express reports Subaru will stop selling the Impreza, WRX and WRX STI in the UK starting next year. A spokesperson with the company said Subaru has been evaluating the Impreza and its performance in the UK for the past year and has finally decided to pull the plug. That means all of the model's performance iterations will also drop off of dealer lots, including the WRX and the STI. The unnamed spokesperson said Subaru UK currently has no plans to to bring more stock of either model once the current supply sells out. That means buyers in the UK have until around early summer 2013 to get their hands on an STI.
Whatever they release, I just pray to GOD that they won't use the same designer as the 5th gen legacy. He must have been drunk!

Do you really blame them though? I can only imagine driving something as bloated as the 5th gen around a corner at speed is nothing short of a horrifying experience, which is probably why they didn't sell a lot of 5th gen GTs.

It got cancelled because it was manual only in a country that doesn't particularly care for them.

Not like our 4th gen LGTs sold like hot cakes either.

Any new news?

I remember some Japanese article where they were amused that most of the rumors about the next WRX were coming from America.

You do realize that a 5th Gen weighs LGT just about as much as a 4th Gen. (It fall between a LGT and Spec.b)

The point I guess I was trying to make is that the car is simply too big to be considered sporty. The 4th gen is about as big as I'd ever want a car with sporting aspirations to be.

Do you really blame them though? I can only imagine driving something as bloated as the 5th gen around a corner at speed is nothing short of a horrifying experience, which is probably why they didn't sell a lot of 5th gen GTs.

Kind of silly sounding considering the 5th gen handles better than the 4th gen with higher skidpad, less body roll, and less understeer. Your lack of confidence points to a lack of experience. There are plenty of cars bigger than the LGT that are even sportier than the 4th or 5th gen could even dream of being.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lack of experience could be right. I'm 24.

Nevertheless, I'm throwing out a few possibilities to why the 5th gen didn't sell well and why the GT was cancelled. I'm merely suggesting that it's a big car that many people don't want to drive in the same manner they would with something much smaller. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but that's my thought

toyota has been purchasing subaru stocks, they own about 16% of fuji. i am sure that has an effect on the production of certain subaru models. I will be very impressed if subaru ever comes up with nicer and better models legacy and impreza from 2004-2009 (discluding the GR/GV impreza's which are hideous)

Archived