LegacyGT.com

G35 owners discuss the Legacy GT .. very interesting ..

Wow, I think he's the energizer bunny, he keeps going, and going and going... I don't think we have anyone around here like that but I know on NASIOC, he'd get Tool warning points. Seen it done. Unfortunate some people have to be like that IMO. I'm not sure who from here or wherever is instigating him, but WOW. And he's talking about being the better person? :?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would've strongly considered a G35 coupe if and only if it came in AWD, I know it comes with the sedan, but I'm not fond of the interior, and I'm not fond of how it looks in the sedan form. The Legacy is a good $7K-$8K cheaper, similar performance and close in features. - Mike

I was really suprised to see some of the responses on that forum. I think I managed to read through it all, and man were some of their posts long! I was kind of disappointed that the G35 owners couldnt completely respect the Legacy for the car that it is. Yes, they did sing its praises when they did compliment it, yet it was always followed with a "but." The poor guy asking for help was looking for some constructive evidence on the G35- instead, what he got was destructive information on the Legacy- I'm sure that isnt what he wanted. I was going to point out the high status the Legacy has in Japan, and that it could very well match the G35/Skyline over there in terms os history or desirability, but they only seemed to care what happens in America. Someone made the rational leap that BMW owners were saying the same thigns about the G35 that the G35 owners are saying about the Legacy. There just seems to be a lot of irony and poor logic on this site that has been overwhelmed with people passionate enough about their cars to become ignorant.

[quote name='frankcal']What's really important is to remember your roots and not be a sn0b when they start comparing the 2008 Subaru Legacy GT to the redesigned 300 hp 2008 Kia Spectra-R.[/quote] Oh come on now... it cant possibly compete with the Subaru... I mean for God's sake, its a KIA! I have never seen one or driven one, but I am positive that is laughably inferior. A-HA-HA-HA! Sorry, couldnt resist :lol:

I'll refrain from passing judgement on certain individuals as to not add fuel to the fire Since the GT and G35 were the only two cars on my shopping list I'll throw in my two cents. (actually I was also seriously an FX35 untill I learned about the short comings of Infiniti's AWD system) G35- I love this car. I thought I was getting one for a long while.....just had to wait until my lease situation was sorted out. There's not alot I don't like about this car, however, the AWD system is one of those things.....and living in Canada (not in an igloo mind you) it is quite important to me. Just can't get comfortable with the idea of essentially driving (or worse...my wife driving) a RWD car above 19Km/h in the winter. This is by far the biggest reason I ordered the GT even though the lease payments are slightly more than for a G35x with the premium package.

[quote name='mcchicken']I'll refrain from passing judgement on certain individuals as to not add fuel to the fire Since the GT and G35 were the only two cars on my shopping list I'll throw in my two cents. (actually I was also seriously an FX35 untill I learned about the short comings of Infiniti's AWD system) G35- I love this car. I thought I was getting one for a long while.....just had to wait until my lease situation was sorted out. There's not alot I don't like about this car, however, the AWD system is one of those things.....and living in Canada (not in an igloo mind you) it is quite important to me. Just can't get comfortable with the idea of essentially driving (or worse...my wife driving) a RWD car above 19Km/h in the winter. This is by far the biggest reason I ordered the GT even though the lease payments are slightly more than for a G35x with the premium package.[/quote] A G35x is less expensive then a GT legacy in Canada, thats odd. A G35x is around 3k more then a GT limited in America

Below is a copy of a post that I posted in the G35 forum in response to a poster who described why he liked his G35 (a lot related to it's amenities). Thought you might be interested. Regards, Dan. ---- Very good post. It emphasizes that a car's specific combination of features and benefits are what is important. If they meet a person's needs, then that's the car for them. If not, look elsewhere. Regarding the G35 vs Subie amenities, I agree with many of your points. Many Subie owners and prospective Subie owners have complained about the lack of HID headlights, Satellite radio and a navigation system. Frankly, I'd pay extra for HID and a Satellite radio. Regarding the Tire Pressure Monitoring system... To be precise, it IS available on one or two of the Outbacks, but not generally available on all Subies (including the Legacy GT) which I'm looking at. Regarding the Legacy radio/stereo, I think it is only "fair". However, they have a 13 speaker MacIntosh version in Japan and Australia that is supposed to be superb. You are correct that many Legacy GT drivers are previously owned "lower-end" cars. In my case however, my last four cars where an '88 Acura Legend Coupe, '97 Lexus ES300, '99 Volvo S80 and '02 Audi A4 (V6 6MT, leather, yada, yada). I've been buying entry-level luxury cars for a while. From that perspective and in my opinion... Only the 2005 G35 meets my amenity expections. This assumes that the 2005 description of changes, and exterior and interior pictures are correct. For egonomics and quality, my '99 Volvo S80 T6 was superior to all of the cars that we are discussing, including the G35. From a looks standpoint, my '02 Audi A4 is FAR better looking inside than almost any other car under about $45,000. Frankly, I've grown tired of owning cars that looked good but had mediocre utility value (Lexus and Acura), were unreliable (Volvo) or extremely, horribly unreliable (Audi). The Acura handled OK, but was hampered by a soft body and small tires. The Lexus handled abysmally. Both the Acura and the Lexus had very limited utility value (small and no fold down seats). The Volvo's suspension and FWD couldn't handle the fantastic turbo engine. The Audi is heavy and somewhat ponderous. I'd rate the OVERALL quality of the G35 and Legacy as about equal. The G35 looks better, but the Legacy feels better. And, given the Legacy's advanced AWD, use of aluminum, and its excellent handling, I'd say the Legacy was the better engineered car. The Legacy comes as close to a BMW as any car I've ever driven. Finally, the Legacy Wagon can easily handle my golf clubs, telescopes, camera equipment, bicycles and all the gardening "stuff" that I want to toss into it. So it's a tough choice. I'm used to the amenity level of the G35 or higher. I'd love to have a G35 with the ride, handling, quietness, and utility of the Subaru Legacy. Or, a Legacy Wagon with the amenities of the G35. It isn't available. We all have our priorities and the exact car to meet them will differ from person to person. We just try to get the best balance for our needs. Best regards, Dan.

Bah, we all know that the Legacy GT won COTY in Japan for 2003-2004. And according to some Japanese mag, it is the aspirational car for the japanese public. nothing mentioned on the g35 or skyline 4dr (which they all know is nothing). :D

[quote name='kanoswrx'][quote name='mcchicken']I'll refrain from passing judgement on certain individuals as to not add fuel to the fire Since the GT and G35 were the only two cars on my shopping list I'll throw in my two cents. (actually I was also seriously an FX35 untill I learned about the short comings of Infiniti's AWD system) G35- I love this car. I thought I was getting one for a long while.....just had to wait until my lease situation was sorted out. There's not alot I don't like about this car, however, the AWD system is one of those things.....and living in Canada (not in an igloo mind you) it is quite important to me. Just can't get comfortable with the idea of essentially driving (or worse...my wife driving) a RWD car above 19Km/h in the winter. This is by far the biggest reason I ordered the GT even though the lease payments are slightly more than for a G35x with the premium package.[/quote] A G35x is less expensive then a GT legacy in Canada, thats odd. A G35x is around 3k more then a GT limited in America[/quote] To lease one....yes. The lease rate on the GT is 6.9% while the rate on the G35 is 5.9%

[quote name='mcchicken'][quote name='kanoswrx'][quote name='mcchicken']I'll refrain from passing judgement on certain individuals as to not add fuel to the fire Since the GT and G35 were the only two cars on my shopping list I'll throw in my two cents. (actually I was also seriously an FX35 untill I learned about the short comings of Infiniti's AWD system) G35- I love this car. I thought I was getting one for a long while.....just had to wait until my lease situation was sorted out. There's not alot I don't like about this car, however, the AWD system is one of those things.....and living in Canada (not in an igloo mind you) it is quite important to me. Just can't get comfortable with the idea of essentially driving (or worse...my wife driving) a RWD car above 19Km/h in the winter. This is by far the biggest reason I ordered the GT even though the lease payments are slightly more than for a G35x with the premium package.[/quote] A G35x is less expensive then a GT legacy in Canada, thats odd. A G35x is around 3k more then a GT limited in America[/quote] To lease one....yes. The lease rate on the GT is 6.9% while the rate on the G35 is 5.9%[/quote] 2.9% Financing - Now through August 31, 2004 - ALL 05 Models (excluding Impreza WRX STi) are available with special financing as low as 2.9% APR up to 36 months. -taken directly from the subaru website

[quote name='llmask'][quote name='mcchicken'][quote name='kanoswrx'][quote name='mcchicken']I'll refrain from passing judgement on certain individuals as to not add fuel to the fire Since the GT and G35 were the only two cars on my shopping list I'll throw in my two cents. (actually I was also seriously an FX35 untill I learned about the short comings of Infiniti's AWD system) G35- I love this car. I thought I was getting one for a long while.....just had to wait until my lease situation was sorted out. There's not alot I don't like about this car, however, the AWD system is one of those things.....and living in Canada (not in an igloo mind you) it is quite important to me. Just can't get comfortable with the idea of essentially driving (or worse...my wife driving) a RWD car above 19Km/h in the winter. This is by far the biggest reason I ordered the GT even though the lease payments are slightly more than for a G35x with the premium package.[/quote] A G35x is less expensive then a GT legacy in Canada, thats odd. A G35x is around 3k more then a GT limited in America[/quote] To lease one....yes. The lease rate on the GT is 6.9% while the rate on the G35 is 5.9%[/quote] 2.9% Financing - Now through August 31, 2004 - ALL 05 Models (excluding Impreza WRX STi) are available with special financing as low as 2.9% APR up to 36 months. -taken directly from the subaru website[/quote] Apparently the 2.9 on '05 models is a regional promo. On the Subaru website, I inserted a NY zip and it showed up. I inserted a So Cal zip and it only offered special interest rates for '04s and '05 Bajas. :cry:

The rates I reffered to are lease rates in Canada. You can drop 2.5% off the lease rate with a hefty deposit....but I can do better than a 2.5% return on my money by investing something else. At least they threw in a short throw shifter as part of an incentive put on by Subaru Canada.

Subaru Canada was having a three day sales event where if a legacy (not sure if it apllied to other models) was purchased they threw in $500 in incentives. I beleive the dealers cover half and subaru covers the other half. You had the choice of vouchers for gas, maybe added warrenty, or accessories. (like short throw shifters...hehe)

incentives???? theres incentives??? grr... I wonder what i could muscle out of my dealer.... anyhow, my dealer said that they just receive 2 cars (not my color) so that means my car should be coming reeaaaalll soooooon. lol. sorry, im just excited. :P

Archived