LegacyGT.com

My LGT was hit tonight, other driver ran!

DeltaNu1142

Post it on her Facebook. O Wait, it's set to private, mostly. :lol:

Six months later... I'd still write a letter to the police department and your local news station in regards to the lack of care mishandling of your case. You have witness statements, you have a video. Of course she wouldn't remember, she was f'king drunk.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Post it on her Facebook. O Wait, it's set to private, mostly. :lol:

Six months later... I'd still write a letter to the police department and your local news station in regards to the lack of care mishandling of your case. You have witness statements, you have a video. Of course she wouldn't remember, she was f'king drunk.

I like it... but the only thing keeping me from doing that was that, aside from his judgement on letting her slide on a ticket, the deputy seemed like a good guy.

Tits mcgee

It's going to be funny when someone Googles the name Megan Hoyle of Clearwater and up comes a thread of her doing a hit and run while being drunk.

That was the plan. Whenever it comes to mind, I try to do just that, but my vids haven't bubbled up to the top of the results yet.

Tits mcgee

Using this search string, the video was the first "pop" on Google's SE.

"megan hoyle clearwater florida hit and run."

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I'm disappointed that law enforcement, nor the insurance company appeared to hold the individual accountable. I'm most disappointed in the individual for not stepping up and being accountable.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I realized I hadn't provided closure on this.

The driver didn't get so much as a ticket. My car is fixed, after no small pain in the ass on my part. The other driver, Megan Hoyle of Clearwater (anonymity be damned), didn't have lift a finger as as a result of getting drunk & backing into my car, then leaving the scene of an accident.

The key thing to remember here is, if you're drunk, and you hit a car, and witnesses see you do it & try to stop you, just drive home & deny, deny deny. Because she denied knowledge of hitting a car, the cop didn't even give her a traffic citation.

Awesome.

Why? There has to be some missing part of this... I mean, your carrier will be hell bent to get their money back... and police love to issue evading responsibility tickets. (dui would be merely impossible to get her on if she left the scene). Perhaps there's something else that the cops didnt mention or something. Seems weird! Did you ask the cops?

Either way man.. that totally sucks. it wasnt your fault.

My carrier? My insurance carrier didn't get involved. When the cop got her ID, he found out who her insurance company was, and I called them directly. I provided the police report and the videos. They paid directly. She didn't even have to make a phone call.

When I got a copy of the closed report & found out she didn't get a ticket, I called the deputy & asked him what was up. He said that because she "didn't know she had hit anyone," that he didn't cite her.

Marginally plausible deniability = innocence, apparently.

Tits mcgee

Archived