LegacyGT.com

Just bought this Gem, but!!!!!

I just got this 96 legacy, pretty good condition. It does need some body work, and some lack of maintenance. I noticed small sparks coming out of the clutch fork area. Dont know whats going on there but I have to pull the trans either way to inspect the nosie im hear in first gear. Sounds like the imput shaft bearing. Other than that shifts good rjns ok. Any ideas on the sparking situation gladly appropriated..

Sounds like you guessed your own problem. I would not run the car until this problem is fixed. Sparks coming out of the transmission can't be good whatsoever, and you run the risk of tearing up the trans bad enough so its not rebuildable. It could also be pieces of your clutch that are bent or broken and dragging on other components.

Think I found it. One of the keepers for the throwout bearing was missing when I did the clutch. I guess I know what happened to the other one. So I made a new o e out of mechanics wire. So far so good. Trans is still a little whiney but its good for now. Next issue is random cel light. I got a 500 code, cleared it. Next day, 355 code, cleared it, and today another 301 or something like that.. I forgot the last one..lol.I know I had a vvs code, camshaft postition code and a knock sensor code. Nothing make any sense. Tne car runs good. Bad ground??? Any ideas??

LOL I don't understand people that go through the trouble of removing components like a trans and find it needs a cheap part to then just rig something up and hope it lasts. Why didn't you just go buy the part?

Thanks swagon, thats what I guessed to check next. Any weird electrical problems, alwasys start with the grounds. Spooln, its was a matter of u got to do what ya got a do situations. Plus I. Selling the thing soon. Im looking for a outback or forester I can turbo it up..Local parts store didnt have it but I did get a shifter fork from the dealer. Totatly forgot about the clips on it. U would've have thought they would've came witht the dam fork.. Picked this one up on craigslist for 500 so im in the green(no punn inteneded)..

Brighton..

forgive me osei, spooln, i didnt know this was the christian legacy forum. Im not perfect.. What it used was thicker and by far better than o.e and installing it without the clip. If there is a problem with it, i willl stand behind it. I do this for a living. PERIOD...

ps. thanx swagon, ur probably the realest person on here...

Archived