LegacyGT.com

Overheat

I took it back to the them and told them about the noise. I'd also taken a picture of where they had spilled power steering fluid in case they said they didn't do anything with it. Not sure exactly what they did (I'm guessing they just had to burp it). Been running perfectly since no leaks or extra noise from the steering... I freaked out when this first happened turned out to be a 15$ fix.

What's the latest, was it resolved?

If you have air in the system, go to a big parking lot. Drive around doing figure 8's going lock to lock on the steering. This will brup the system. It may take a few times. Or jack up the front of the car and turn the wheel lock to lock with the engine running.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

That was actually one of the first things I did. Maybe I just didn't repeat it enough times to get it all out. It's only got around 85k miles on it so, it should have a long way to go still .

I too have an overheating problem. Only when going up very long hills or when doing maximum on highway. It doesn't get to the redline, but it gets elevated. This one time the turbo water hose clamp was loose. I fixed that but it's still running hot.

I would like to thank you for the information in this pot. My car was overheating and found out the hose on the bottom of the throttle body was disconnected and drained out all antifreeze/coolant, and since I am new to Subaru's I did not know about the small tank for the turbo.

Archived