LegacyGT.com

Went Stage 1 and loving it!

Flipapotimus

Hi everyone I just recently purchased a Cobb AP and after doing some data logs on the 91 octane I flashed the 93 octane. Got a few data logs and everything looks ok so far. Now it has snowed here and 60+mph winds. So no WOT runs for me. Also yesterday I had my mechanic change my spark plugs and it had some Bosch plugs in it from the previous owner. Everything seems to be running great after the plug change and it seems 19x better after the stage 1 flash. I just wanted to say that this is great so far and I look forward to a possible stage 2!(if the wife allows it :/ )

Its even better at stage 2, just pick up a used down pipe for $2-300. Trust us you will not regret it!

even cheaper if you wait. There were a few not to long ago under $100. Stage 2 makes it a totally different car :) Stage 1 doesn't even compare.

Its even better at stage 2, just pick up a used down pipe for $2-300. Trust us you will not regret it!

I was under the impression that I would need a full turbo back exhaust including a new up pipe. Can I use the stock exhaust and a new DP? Do I need the UP also?

an up pipe is recommended, due to the ceramic or whatever catalyst that is in the factory up pipe. that can go bad, send debris through your turbo, and goodbye engine.

Personally, I just bought an up pipe off of an STI for 40 bux. No cat, bolted right in.

Other than that and a downpipe, you don't need a full exhaust to go stage 2. Full exhaust is IMO more for the noise at those power levels. There are gains that can be had, but you'll get more bang for your buck doing just the downpipe. The benefit is you can always add the rest later.

I could suck start a snow blower.

what ^ said. you don't need a CBE or an up pipe. But a cat less up pipe is highly recommended. You only need a down pipe to go stage 2.

well that is some good food for thought. I think i will still have to wait a few so my wife wont strangle me for asking for more. I guess just to make sure, a catted down pipe is ok? A high flow one I assume like the Cobb or Perrin ones?

Just bought my CNT catted DP ( ready to go in for a ceramic coat) not going to do a UP not worried about all the hype on my UP grenading ( I've talked to several people and tuners who've been around these 05's, say no worries) it's very rare. Skipping stage1 going stage2 I hope I'll enjoy it!!

Just bought my CNT catted DP ( ready to go in for a ceramic coat) not going to do a UP not worried about all the hype on my UP grenading ( I've talked to several people and tuners who've been around these 05's, say no worries) it's very rare. Skipping stage1 going stage2 I hope I'll enjoy it!!

Well the 93 stage 1 map is 14% and the stage 2 is 21%. I would say you will love it! Not to mention the 30% torque over 13% on stage 1.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

well that is some good food for thought. I think i will still have to wait a few so my wife wont strangle me for asking for more. I guess just to make sure, a catted down pipe is ok? A high flow one I assume like the Cobb or Perrin ones?

You can run a catted or cat-less dp, i ran a perrin with 2 high flow cats with no issues at all. Cobb, perrin, invidia and CNT are some of the most popular dp's. They all have different designs, some are bell mouth, divorced etc.

VERY RARE??? Your choice but it would be insane to skip out on a 50-100$ part, to have a catted up pipe ruin your turbo and possibly your engine. Do as you wish but word of advice change the up pipe. You will not be happy having to replace your turbo and possibly your engine. This was the first thing i changed on my first legacy and it was bone stock.

Also the up pipe does give you a bit more performance gains do to better flow, but its not much.

VERY RARE??? Your choice but it would be insane to skip out on a 50-100$ part, to have a catted up pipe ruin your turbo and possibly your engine. Do as you wish but word of advice change the up pipe. You will not be happy having to replace your turbo and possibly your engine. This was the first thing i changed on my first legacy and it was bone stock.

Also the up pipe does give you a bit more performance gains do to better flow, but its not much.

Catless STI UP purchased, thx everyone who changed my thinking. Wish I could tackle this install myself added $$.

Archived