LegacyGT.com

Who has the most miles on their factory turbo?

I think I was "that guy" with 200k. I am going to hit 230,000 on my '06 Spec B tomorrow. It's stage 2. I was hoping to hit it before the Mayans hit but something fell through and I'm about 80 miles short. :) The original turbo was changed around 92k. The second one is pushing 140,000.

As a note about the original turbo - I had the 100,000 bumper-to-bumper inclusive warranty. The last 10,000 miles I wrung out the car and any nut that wasn't tight I pushed to replace under warranty. I paid for it, I used it.

-Clif

^ Nice...

My last two LGT's both had clean banjo bolts at 90k miles. My first LGT had the turbo inspected at 115k miles and it was in great shape. My current LGT has 116k miles and holds boost fine, checked shaft play not long ago and it was fine. Keep it in good oil and it should be fine.

Bought my LGT at 69000mi. I've used 10w40, 0w40 or 20w50 Mobil1 since then and am at 105,000 mi now. I checked my banjo filter at ~ 95kmi, it was clean. I havent checked the shaft play but I havent noticed any odd sounds from the turbo.

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased my 05 LGT in May 2010 with 140,900 miles. I am currently at 182,700 and carfax indiciates no turbo work had been done. Previous owner had all work done at dealership. I use Amsoil ASLQT and WIX filter, changed every 5-7k.

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/motor-oil/gasoline/sae-5w-30-signature-series-100-percent-synthetic-motor-oil/?code=ASLQT-EA

Archived