LegacyGT.com

Disabling audible chirps when arming/disarming the alarm

This isn't exactly along the same lines, but does anyone know about disabling the panic button on the remote? I hate its location, I always seem to press it with the keys in my pocket, if I move the wrong way. Drives me nuts. :) I like the older remotes, where you had to press/hold lock and unlock at the same time.

Anyway, just wondering. I'm sure I could clip the back of the plastic button piece or something, but this is the only key fob I have for now (need to get more made) and I don't want to screw it up.

I would also like to disable my panic button. Maybe can glue a plastic piece over button?

OK, I checked the manual - it is different on my 06, I had to sit in the driver's seat, hold the unlock switch up on the driver's door and put the key in the ignition and take it out at least 6 times in 10 seconds, then open and close the driver's door. Worked like a charm!

That's the ticket, worked on my 06. Now I don't have to be that guy with the beeping car :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Does anyone know of the JDM version for this or for the seatbelt chime? The manual doesn't have any instructions and neither this method for the alarm (Default setting is has no chirp, only indicators) or the seatbelt click method seem to work...?

In the mean time I've disconnected the wire under the driver seat but any weight on the passenger seat will set the chime off...

• 2 months later...

I just got my 2014 Legacy 2.5i yesterday & found these instructions on page 2-21 in the owners manual:

Selecting audible signal operation(models without “keyless access with pushbutton start system”)

Using an electronic chirp, the system will give you an audible signal when the doors lock and unlock. If desired, you may turn the audible signal off.

To deactivate the audible signal, perform the following procedure. You can also use the same steps to restore the function.

1. Sit in the driver’s seat and shut all

doors and the rear gate.

2. Press the unlock side of the power

door locking switch.

3. Insert the key into the ignition switch.

4. While holding down the unlock side of

the power door locking switch, pull the key

out and re-insert it into the ignition switch

at least 5 times within 10 seconds after

performing step 2.

5. Open and close the driver’s door

within 10 seconds after performing step 4.

6. To indicate completion of the setting,

the hazard warning flashers flash 3 times

and the chirp sounds 3 times.

It took me 2 tries, but it did work. On to the seatbelt chime when I get home from work.

• 4 weeks later...

2009 models its in the manual on page 2-11. Its the same instructions as the 2006 that was posted earlier in this thread.

Sit in the drivers seat. Hold the unlock button while putting the key in and out of the ignition 6 times within 10 seconds and after the 6th time open and close the drivers door. you will see your turn signal indicators blink 3 times to let you know it worked.

• 1 year later...
Wow I just had to check my fob and sure enough the instructions are on the back of it. My stupid fob is so sensitive that I've turned the chirping ability on and off randomly with the keys in my pocket just bending over or picking stuff up. It is good to know how to actually control it now.

• 1 month later...

Archived