LegacyGT.com

What's a good deal on a GT Limited MT5?

I'm a new user of this forum. I've got a '01 outback and am seriously thinking of getting an '05 GT Limited MT5. I've been working some price #'s with a local dealer and wanted to get the opinions of you guys on what's a good deal? They quoted me a price of $27,400.00 with a $1500 rebate, which brings it down to $25,900.00. Is this a fair price or is there some more room to bargain down? Apparently the car lists for ~$29,300.00

Thanks guys

Not sure about prices up there, but I paid $28200 out the door in November for a MT5 Limited wagon. The wagon is $1K more, so call that $1300 for taxes and options (console extension, cargo net and trunkliner). I'd say you are within $500 of the deal I got (which was $975 below invoice at the time).

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but go to subaru.com, select the car on the right side of the page, then click the find, drive, buy button, go to view inventory, enter zip and you will be provided with the inventory of you local dealers as well as the internet price which is typically 3k to 4k under MSRP.

A good site for pricing cars is Edmunds.com -- spcify the options, and their True Market Value (TMV) shows you how much people in your area, on average, are paying for that car.

For what it's worth, I just bought my 05 GT Limited MT5 with spoiler, chrome rocker panel trim, dimming compass mirror w/Homelink, and proximity alarm for $26,929 in upstate New York (that includes a $1000 rebate and an added New England advertising fee of about $300).

EDIT: I got mine at invoice, and then they subtracted the $1K rebate to get down to $26,929.

Edmunds is great. You can see the options (msrp vs invoice) and they even factor in how popular your color choice is. But don't take the TMV price as a great price. This is the average of what your car is selling for. People that don't bargain will bring that average up as well as deals where the saleman inflated the value of the trade-in along with the new car (wow look how much I got for my trade!). My salesman in the Philadelphia suburbs told me the rebate for '05 GTs in our area just went to $2k for August and you can get the 1.9 financing on top of that. I'm picking my MT5 wagon up at the end of the week.

Archived