LegacyGT.com

05 LGY LMT GT MT vs. 04 Corvette AT

So I challenged my friend dad's 2004 Corvette Convertible w/ an AT. We're going to take it to the tracks and he says he can do 12.4 sec with his stock V8 350. Dont think that's true cause even the 05's with 400 is tested at 12.9 w/ AT. Its going to be a just for fun run with lunch on the line. I know for a fact that I wont stand a chance, but would like it to keep it as close as possible. Think I'll get spanked? :p

Didn't you JUST buy your legacy?!

break it in a little before taking it out the track! But yeah, you'll get spanked.. if your good you keep the spankage to a minimum.. but spankage non the less.

Of course, def. after the break in period and most likely in Sept. I should be fairly comfortable with the car by then.

So I challenged my friend dad's 2004 Corvette Convertible w/ an AT. We're going to take it to the tracks and he says he can do 12.4 sec with his stock V8 350. Dont think that's true cause even the 05's with 400 is tested at 12.9 w/ AT. Its going to be a just for fun run with lunch on the line. I know for a fact that I wont stand a chance, but would like it to keep it as close as possible. Think I'll get spanked? :p

Are you sure he didn't say (or mean) 13.4? That's a more realistic time for an a4 convertible C5. He should take you in the 1/4 by .5 - .7 seconds and trap about 8 - 10 mph faster.

Find a track that runs 1/8 only. He'll probably still win, but it would be much closer.

The LS1 will really start to walk you down the back 1/8 if you race a full 1/4. :cool:

Since you are going to wait till your break in period is over, go ahead & purchase the AP. While you are @ it purchase a DP. You will be at a base Stage II @ that point & I say it is a drivers race, he will *hit himself:lol:
Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Must agree with everyone here. A complete and solid drilling is coming your way. With just over 100 more ponies getting to his tires expect from the 660 on to get pulled like a freight train.

haha...i have a coworker that went from a 2000 Lexus GS400 to a 2004 Vette 6sp. i wanted to race the GS, but he was like wait till next week!! BAM new(used) Vette in the parking lot...i still wanna race him...but NOW around the block!!

good luck!!

~Sucka-Duck~

haha...i have a coworker that went from a 2000 Lexus GS400 to a 2004 Vette 6sp. i wanted to race the GS, but he was like wait till next week!! BAM new(used) Vette in the parking lot...i still wanna race him...but NOW around the block!!

good luck!!

You do know you'll probably lose that race as bad as you would a straight line race, don't you? Vette's have brutally precise handling.

Archived