LegacyGT.com

SoCal Meet Soon?

sashadg1

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay so it is a new year and Xmas is out off the way where are we going to me this weekend granted it does not rain. It is best we all meet on Saturday. I saw showers for Sunday a few days ago but now just says partly cloudy but do not trust the weather forecast.

Any ideas again... I say Huntington Beach Bj's Brewery off Beach and the 405 high noon, eat, (1 beer if drinking) from there short drive somewhere PCH, ????? . A bunch of us met there about 6 years ago. Seems to be middle of the road for many but not all. Bring items to sell/trade, share ideas and what not. Worked out great back in the day.

Scott

Okay so it is a new year and Xmas is out off the way where are we going to me this weekend granted it does not rain. It is best we all meet on Saturday. I saw showers for Sunday a few days ago but now just says partly cloudy but do not trust the weather forecast.

Any ideas again... I say Huntington Beach Bj's Brewery off Beach and the 405 high noon, eat, (1 beer if drinking) from there short drive somewhere PCH, ????? . A bunch of us met there about 6 years ago. Seems to be middle of the road for many but not all. Bring items to sell/trade, share ideas and what not. Worked out great back in the day.

Scott

There are no good roads around HB, just traffic. I'm all for meeting up Saturday if it involves interesting roads like in Malibu or Angeles Crest.

Okay just for preparations purpose lets put this out till the following weekend then. Where is it safer and less law enforcement Malibu or Angles Crest.

So wait, why is it going to be safer or less law enforcement on January 19th vs the 12th? Particularly in the middle of the day?

:lol:

The 19th is Streets of Willow.

Only LEO to worry about there are on the boring highway drive out and back. C/control @70 and forget about it. If any LEO are there, they are trying to go faster than we are on the track :lol:

The 12th is? Canyon running? Fun but potential LEO and not as safe. Can you wreck your car at the track? Sure! But I believe that you are more likely to have a bad wreck in the canyons not driving that hard than you are to have a bad wreck on the track driving the balls off the car. Its a a non-negotiable fact that the emergency vehicles are further from you in the canyons than they are at the track and a wreck at speed is likely more catastrophic.

I like the canyons, don't get me wrong, they are a LOT of fun but lets not kid ourselves that they are potentially more dangerous and have more LEO than the track.

Yikes it looked like that guy did a major nose dive. Yah I spun out at Fontana in the Mazda open wheel driving school when I worked at Yokohama. It was scary as hell because those cars just let go with no warning, and at 55 is no fun. Feels like somebody put you in a dryer and set it on high. Whip lash baby

• 3 weeks later...

Wow yea, that was a pretty nutty flip. I'm not sure what his game plan was with his line before the corner entry, seemed like a zone out moment or just perhaps majorly inexperienced. Thankfully modern cars are pretty damn safe, and his 4 point harness probably helped a lot. Crashing in my Subaru at Willow Springs seemed like an amusement ride compared to crashing on my bike at the track, which is far more terrifying. That isn't a victor clasp in my avatar, I'm trying to protect my head as a roll across the tarmac at 30-50mph.

This one's pretty nutty too:

after going to the track, and looking at the video again...I know why I brake before that turn now...lol

but then again, the line the guy in the s14 is taking isn't all that good...

You can carry a lot of speed though the right after the bowl CCW but you have to be sure to set yourself up to brake in line all the way to the right edge. Its much easier just to scrub a little speed and tuck all the way right. You pretty much HAVE to break for that turn in a LGT.

Yeah his line sucked bad. :redface:

• 3 weeks later...

i have yet to really through this thing through any turns but it feels like it needs a larger rear sway to me, rear doesnt like to rotate as much as i'd like....but like i said, i havent had enough time to flogg it through some turns.

maybe turnbull or azusa today

"Build" Thread <--Link

(OLD) '05 EJ255 now a '13 EJ257 Bottom End w/D25 heads (NEW)

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived