LegacyGT.com

how much hp can the 5sp auto hold?

don't forget the muscle MIIIILK!

muscle milk sucks, so much fat and calories, it is a glorifed weight gainer....

i use musceltech protein powder all the way....and all muscletech supplements( i used to get products from them when i was a powerlifter)

and ghrp-6....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love all the posts from the Manual Tranny guys about your question on teh auto tranny.... Ignore almost all of them.

Look here for advice on your auto tranny: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/valve-body-mods-giant-leaps-forward-160101.html

ClimberD and frequent contributor to his threads frank_ster are by far the most knowledgeable when it comes to the 5EAT tranny! At least that contribute to legacyGT.com.

I'm on my third 5EAT tranny. I've learned alot. My first tranny did not survive the tuning process after I upgraded my turbo the first time. Tranny had been overheated @ 58K on a roadtrip through Death Valley, 4 bikes on the roof rack, 134 degrees outside temps and pushing the car to 130mph. Bad combo for tranny longevity.

Read about fluid service on your tranny first. If you're going to go to stage II power mods, read about the Hex1 VB mod. If you're going above stage II power mods, find a tuner with experience with the auto tranny tuning subtleties.

I am well into the 350+ club. Frkkevin is closer to 500hp w/ his 5EAT.

You've got a lot of reading to do before you mod your car. Unless you want to be like me: 3rd motor, 3rd tranny, 3rd turbo. Quadruple the value of the car. Hard learning curve by not doing my research.

And there's still nothing I'd rather daily drive. :wub:

I love all the posts from the Manual Tranny guys about your question on teh auto tranny.... Ignore almost all of them.

Look here for advice on your auto tranny: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/valve-body-mods-giant-leaps-forward-160101.html

ClimberD and frequent contributor to his threads frank_ster are by far the most knowledgeable when it comes to the 5EAT tranny! At least that contribute to legacyGT.com.

I'm on my third 5EAT tranny. I've learned alot. My first tranny did not survive the tuning process after I upgraded my turbo the first time. Tranny had been overheated @ 58K on a roadtrip through Death Valley, 4 bikes on the roof rack, 134 degrees outside temps and pushing the car to 130mph. Bad combo for tranny longevity.

Read about fluid service on your tranny first. If you're going to go to stage II power mods, read about the Hex1 VB mod. If you're going above stage II power mods, find a tuner with experience with the auto tranny tuning subtleties.

I am well into the 350+ club. Frkkevin is closer to 500hp w/ his 5EAT.

You've got a lot of reading to do before you mod your car. Unless you want to be like me: 3rd motor, 3rd tranny, 3rd turbo. Quadruple the value of the car. Hard learning curve by not doing my research.

And there's still nothing I'd rather daily drive. :wub:

i was planning catless up/down pipes, exhaust, cai, and maybe a tune....thats all i want for power...most of mods will be suspension based, i just didnt know much the stock 5eat can hold, i am sure it can hold those mods, i might be adding 20 hp tops....just wanted to be safe....and im on my 2nd motor and ive only driven the car 1 day...sucks

i just have always liked the sound of a boxer engine with a good exhaust. im doing the catless up pipe so my stock one doesnt come apart later on. im staying mild with the engine performance with this car, suspension will be a lot more though...

Archived