LegacyGT.com

oil problem!! help asap!!

i also put in 4.5 qts in at every change.. but 2k miles after change it was dangerously low.. almost empty.

How many miles on the car ?

If it's over 60,000 miles you better be checking your oil level, learn how much your engine uses or not and top it off all the time.

Don't let it run low.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

How many miles on the car ?

If it's over 60,000 miles you better be checking your oil level, learn how much your engine uses or not and top it off all the time.

Don't let it run low.

I have 97k on it. thanks for the info every one. I was concerned because my lancer never went through thus much oil lol.

I have 97k on it. thanks for the info every one. I was concerned because my lancer never went through thus much oil lol.

Neither did my honda civic with 203,000 miles on it, that is until we upped the boost to 12psi.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Bump up to a heavier oil and try again. My 08 LGT had 50k miles on it and ate 5w30 conventional oil like it was nobody's business, but when I switched to T6 5w40 synthetic, consumption dropped off noticeably.

An AOS or catch can will help a little bit, but the primary purpose of those is to keep the oil and crap out of the cylinders, not to keep the car from losing oil.

It's cool; I'm with the band

^ iv also seen some people say to try 10w-30 as well... but T6 5w-40 seems to be the better option. and having read the amsoil bulletin post from earlier in this thread, has anyone removed the screen in the banjo bolt?? would seem unessasry but could eliminate future turbo issues.

Archived