Please don't...

Motive Auto Works

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deff SUB'D

&

Don't drive 5.8 miles with stuck in 2nd gear and think that redlining it is the answer...

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l233/serrilion/IMAG0311.jpg

Local Kid drove to my shop. He said his trans was stuck in 2nd... NO OIL in it, and then I found this....

Yea I don't have the picture anymore but the trans blew a hole in it the size of a softball, thought he was a rally driver, and this is his head gasket blowing after 9mins of bouncing off rev limiter at 7k on a bone stock non vtec motor haha

Oh man, no pics but dated a girl that was literally a mechanical disaster. Called me and told me her car overheated and was out of water on her way home. Said he was around the corner from her place at the gas station. I told her to let it cool, refill it with water and see if she can make it home. She called me a few minutes later and told me it wouldn't start. I told her I was already on my way.

What happened?

Some $20 oil change monkey she had paid for used a strap wrench to install the oil filter and crushed the crap out of it. The crushed part cracked allowing the car to run out of oil. The oil light came on and she thought it ws a temperature light. She opened the crankcase/oil cap and saw there was no water in it (of course) and proceeded to fill up the crankcase with a hose and try to start it.

Please don't tell your "girlfriend" how to fix her own car over the phone when she can't check her tire pressures or oil.

I dated a girl once that had no concept of car maintenance. Got in her car, looked up at the oil change sticker.

23k and 2 years overdue.

2003 Toyota Solara. Had about a quart of black sludge in it.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

• 9 months later...
I dated a girl once that had no concept of car maintenance. Got in her car, looked up at the oil change sticker.

23k and 2 years overdue.

2003 Toyota Solara. Had about a quart of black sludge in it.

haha thats hilarious, id be pissed if it was a subaru, but she's forgiven as it was a toyota...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived