LegacyGT.com

Tail Lights...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clearing the headlights is fairly stright forward. The bumper comes off in 10 mins and the headlights take less than 5 mins to remove. Once you do the first one, the second one is a breeze. I've done 3 sets so far, all using the heat gun method.
My wife's balls are delicious.

*On legacygt.com*

*Presses Forums*

*Scrolls down 4th Gen*

*Sees a thread named "Tail Lights"

*Hopes to see BAC5.2 enforce the law*

*Sees BAC5.2 jokingly enforce the law and is still satisfied*

Seriously, I think there needs to be a tutorial session for some of the new members on here. USE the SEARCH bar, IF that fails then use the GOOGLE SEARCH bar. THEN AND ONLY THEN make a "new" thread about tail lights.

OH AND BTW.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/no-time-wait-gialla-finished-my-led-project-48426.html?t=48426&highlight=LED+Tail

don't use the heat gun method for the headlights, imho it sucks using a heat gun, it takes for ever.

take your headlight off, set your oven at 215 degrees (thats what i used and just did two sets yesterday).take off the screws in the back of the headlight, then put the headlights in the oven for 10-12 minutes, take them out and just work your way around them, first one i used a knife to pry open, but if you make them warm enough you will just be able to pull them apart by hand, you pull the tabs up and pull the headlight apart. after that you can clear them or black them out (i blacked mine out).

*On legacygt.com*

*Presses Forums*

*Scrolls down 4th Gen*

*Sees a thread named "Tail Lights"

*Hopes to see BAC5.2 enforce the law*

*Sees BAC5.2 jokingly enforce the law and is still satisfied*

Seriously, I think there needs to be a tutorial session for some of the new members on here. USE the SEARCH bar, IF that fails then use the GOOGLE SEARCH bar. THEN AND ONLY THEN make a "new" thread about tail lights.

OH AND BTW.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/no-time-wait-gialla-finished-my-led-project-48426.html?t=48426&highlight=LED+Tail

http://legacygt.com/forums/search.php?searchid=11230378 i searched led tail lights....all those threads/posts contain the words "led" "tail" "lights" how does that help me? and there isnt a rule to posting the same thing someone else did and if there was no one would get anywhere with people bashing them over and over. new posts catch peoples eye and get the new ideas, maybe there should just be 3 people on here making all the posts and dont let no one do anything.....sounds good right?

don't use the heat gun method for the headlights, imho it sucks using a heat gun, it takes for ever.

take your headlight off, set your oven at 215 degrees (thats what i used and just did two sets yesterday).take off the screws in the back of the headlight, then put the headlights in the oven for 10-12 minutes, take them out and just work your way around them, first one i used a knife to pry open, but if you make them warm enough you will just be able to pull them apart by hand, you pull the tabs up and pull the headlight apart. after that you can clear them or black them out (i blacked mine out).

im not allowed to use the oven :)

i waited till mom was at work when i took my headlights off and threw them into the oven, otherwise idk what she would have said :)

Its not mom im worried about its the GF hahaha....im going to try the heat gun method first, just to have a little more control of whats going on. My luck ill forget about them and ill have headlight cookies!

first set i did with a heat gun was a mess, plastic ripped, cracked all that good stuff probably because it was my first, but the 2nd set i did in the oven went perfect. then you preheat them the same way for reassembly can't get any easier then that.

nope i let the oven heat up first takes what 2 min? then you put the headlights in for 12 minutes, mine varied i checked them every now and then before 12 minutes to see how warm the plastic was. if it was getting warm i just took em out and it worked perfectly for separating it.

nothing to be worried about, you won't melt them at that temp in 12 min. believe me I've done 2 sets already.

• I Donated Too
Stay at 215, check at 9, 11, and 13 minutes.

As in, check at 9 minutes if too hard to pull apart, put back in the over for 2 minutes.

Rinse, repeat.

^This. Seriously guys, just man up and do it. Not rocket science, just time consuming (especially if blacking out as well).

here you go, this may help you somewhat. i found this when looking at upgrading my lens, just so you don't think I'm kidding about leaving them in for 10-12 min... he did 265 at 7 min.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/retrofitting-projectors-trs-hid-178274.html

I'm going to send him a message thanks!

Stay at 215, check at 9, 11, and 13 minutes.

As in, check at 9 minutes if too hard to pull apart, put back in the over for 2 minutes.

Rinse, repeat.

^This. Seriously guys, just man up and do it. Not rocket science, just time consuming (especially if blacking out as well).

You're completely right but my car is my only mode of transportation....so let's see.. I mess up my headlights I can't drive, I can't drive I can't get to work, I can't make money if I don't work to pay for a new set of headlights.....its a little unnerving

• I Donated Too

You're completely right but my car is my only mode of transportation....so let's see.. I mess up my headlights I can't drive, I can't drive I can't get to work, I can't make money if I don't work to pay for a new set of headlights.....its a little unnerving

yeah, because you're the only guy who's ever done this to his DD. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying I'm the only one, I'm just saying its a big risk for me. I've never done anything like that before and don't have any knowledge of this mod. I don't have that much confidence in myself lol if it was HID kits, LEDs, systems, or painting I would be all over it! I will be trying it next weekend after I get all my headlight/foglight stuff. Kudos to anyone who dives right into putting headlights in the oven :bbq:

I was too scared to put my headlights in the over, I tend to over bake things. :lol:

Try the oven method first, it seems to be the easier way for first timers. I prefer the heat gun, since I have more control of the heat and I can see when the glue is ready to be pulled apart.

My wife's balls are delicious.

Archived