LegacyGT.com

OBXT w/LGT Struts and OB Springs?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it seems people are using lgt springs on the obxt struts. I am planning on buying the kyb's for a legacy and using buying new lgt wagon springs. is that a good idea? there are a lot of threads about this, but everyone is doing different things and contradicting each other. I am trying to get all my fact straight before I start anything.

it seems people are using lgt springs on the obxt struts. I am planning on buying the kyb's for a legacy and using buying new lgt wagon springs. is that a good idea? there are a lot of threads about this, but everyone is doing different things and contradicting each other. I am trying to get all my fact straight before I start anything.

They aren't contradicting each other. They have different goals.

If you don't mind the low ride height, KYB legacy struts with Legacy wagon springs and a 1/2 inch saggy butt spacers is a great set-up.

A better one would be to get some blown legacy struts and Koni inserts with Legacy Wagon springs and a 1/2 inch saggy butt spacer.

If the Legacy ride height is too low for you that's where all the different set-ups are coming in.

I agree with OB2.5XT, don't think there is contradiction. Just different goals at different price points. There are reasonable mods that can be done relatively cheaply. So, why not try it, some stop there others move in different directions. Basically anything over stock is a vast improvement

I have an Bean with the H6, OB struts (KYB's, 05s in front 04s in rear) with LGT springs lowered the front 1 1/8" and the rear 7/8". Very manageable and great mod.

Peace,

Greg

Agreed with what Greg said. At the time, the Rallitek springs weren't available and LGT springs can be found for a reasonable price. I didn't want my OB to GT height either, hence the LGT springs on OB KYB struts. I did a ton of research and that's the route I went.

Good luck with whatever you decide

Mike

Archived