LegacyGT.com

New breaks (stronger breaks)

• I Donated

It doesn't matter what engine is in your car. That has nothing to do with what brakes you should use.

What determines your brake choice is HOW YOU DRIVE YOUR CAR, not what engine is in it.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

What determines your brake choice is HOW YOU DRIVE YOUR CAR, not what engine is in it.

The hammer hits the nail on the head.

Since these cars have AWD, they invoke foolish behavior from a few individuals, like hard cornering & hard braking.

The stock braking system is sufficient enough to handle whatever you throw at it with the mods that were mentioned before.

Stock brakes are ALREADY on-par with the performance levels of WRX brake.

The REAL difference is how well you car is going to stop is your tires and suspension. Upgrade those and your braking a well as whatever WRX your suspension and tires are similar to. Upgraded brakes will just sustain had braking for longer amounts of time and grab better at higher speeds. That kit I showed you shoul do perfectly well. Even if your auto tossing.

Stock brakes are ALREADY on-par with the performance levels of WRX brake.

The REAL difference is how well you car is going to stop is your tires and suspension. Upgrade those and your braking a well as whatever WRX your suspension and tires are similar to. Upgraded brakes will just sustain had braking for longer amounts of time and grab better at higher speeds. That kit I showed you shoul do perfectly well. Even if your auto tossing.

It doesn't matter what engine is in your car. That has nothing to do with what brakes you should use.

You keep asking if the brakes will be "strong enough for a WRX engine" but I don't really understand why you keep asking this. DO you plan on racing this car or something? If not, a WRX engine isn't going to make you work your brakes much harder on public roads... it's not like as soon as you install your WRX engine, you unlock a higher level of speed limits or something...

Yes

Unless you're like me and you just

want bigger brakes to fill your 17" wheels better :p

I see i see, thanks guys.

I just want to make sure.

The reason why i'm asking is because everytime i bring up anything about a stronger engine swap they say that the breaks should be changed.

Maybe they automatically think that i'd be racing it.

when we dropped a 400sb chevy into a 65 nova that had a straight 6, we HAD to upgrade the braking system (among other things). when youre going from a 2.2l to a 2.5l its not as important to increase the braking of the car. the brakes on the legacy have so far been very good to me. i do with the rotors filled my 17" rims tho.

Archived