LegacyGT.com

AWD question.

:spin:

Not intended to be driven in snow or on ice, these low profile tires are designed to provide responsive handling and crisp steering response in both wet and dry conditions.

...like all summer tires is not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.

lol

A main difference among winter tires, all-season-tires and summer tires is the pliability and durability of their rubber at different temperatures. Tire engineers call it "glass transition temperature:" Get them cold enough and every tire will have the grip of a Formica kitchen counter. For a race tire, it might be 40° Fahrenheit. For a winter tire it could be 60° below zero. Summer tire tread starts becoming Formica-like somewhere just below freezing. Most all-season tires are still pliable below zero, but some "ultra-high-performance all-season" tires start losing grip well before that.

lol

now that I didn't know, good info.

Really...I can't believe you didn't know that. You must be very young. Any one that lives in a cold climate and is into cars knows that.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Maybe pick up some All Seasons?

Although, since you have Summers in like new shape; a set of dedicated snows would compliment nicely.

Not sure what tires cost up there; but $1100 sounds exaggerated.

Stupid army

Thank You for serving.

Now get some good all seasons like Conti's DWS or snow's.

If you live on the base and done travel much up there, the all season's will be fine.

Tirerack.com has packages tires and black rims, they can ship to you.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Mega Users

blizzak ws70 you can um cheap soooooooooo friggin worth it. No point in garaging a subaru for the winter its not a porsche.

scary that you have a 20g under the hood and summer tires during an alaskan winter.

good luck and thanks for serving.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Thank You for serving.

Now get some good all seasons like Conti's DWS or snow's.

If you live on the base and done travel much up there, the all season's will be fine.

Tirerack.com has packages tires and black rims, they can ship to you.

Refuse to pay 400 dollars shipping. I have another car so I'm good for now its been -32 here so to cold for my car.

Archived