LegacyGT.com

Confused

Jim L

Sorry to post a totally stupid question but I have been googling for an hour trying to find the answer. I'm helping my brother in law do a trans fluid change on his 11 Forester. Does anyone know if its the 75w90ns in the trans and 75w90 in the rear diff? Foresters dont attract the online help from what i can tell :confused: Thanks guys

I'm guessing you'll want to go with 3 qt's redline lightweight shockproof and top off the tranny with motul 300 and use motul 300 in the rear diff.

PM BAC5.2, he's the expert on here.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I don't like the 75W/90NS much, it doesn't need much wear on the synchros before the trans will grind on shifts. Lightweight Shockproof only seems to last less than 10,000km before it's synchro-calming effect wears off.

If you can find all the ingredients to Scotty's Cocktail, use that. I can't get everything locally and instead use a mix of 1qt Heavyweight Shockproof and fill with Shell Spirax HD. That shut my tranny up in short order, and it shifts like butter.

For the rear diff, regular 75W/90.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Archived