LegacyGT.com

MT reverse issue on 2010 LGT

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From the looks of it, it has the teeth like you'd get on a synchronized gear, but not the synchro plate itself. Shifting into reverse when stopped is pretty much the same as shifting into a forward gear while moving, but manually rev-matching, so they synchro doesn't actually do anything.

FWIW I opened up my trans before the STI swap. These are a super easy trans to open and rebuild if needed. I have the gear assemblies sitting in the garage. Let me know if you would like some pics of them to give you a better idea about the reverse gear setup.

Yes please. I am seriously considering trying to do this myself as it's going to cost 8 hours of labor just to have the dealership look at it. If you wouldn't sending me or posting pictures of the reverse gear assembly and maybe a fun down on the tools needed. I am considering picking up a transmission jack.

Here are a couple pics. One is just a pic of the case open and the gears and diff sitting there, just for reference. The next pic is the actual gear assemblies. The top set is the engine side of the gears. Reverse is towards the left of that set. As far as tools it is pretty basic. 12,14, maybe a 17mm socket, can;t remember for sure. You will need something to support the engine while the transmission is out though.

20170108_202535.thumb.jpg.787255d3fdd47683d38259eeb3175df2.jpg

20170907_081213.thumb.jpg.11b591477619b02f59b9f68a50c5b05d.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So after a long talk with my transmission shop they informed me of a few interesting things. Their go to re-manufacture company has done 5 of these transmissions with the same issue and they have all come back within 30 days, even when they use the new Subaru parts that were supposed to fix the issue.

I have bought a used transmission from California with 81k miles on it. LGT was rear ended. RIP in piece but I'm glad it chose to be an organ donor. My shop is swapping them out this week. I ended up going with the BG syncro shift gear lube. They did let me know my motor mounts are just about blown so I am trying to find part numbers for compatible motor mounts that I can get relatively quickly.

Any help is appreciated.

Nothing compatible as far as engine mounts. They are unique to the 5th Gen. OEM or HardRace are your only options.

BigBopper adapted Group N mounts to our platform but it required custom machined adapters.

Did you get the transmission from AutoGator or somewhere else here in CA?

Archived