LegacyGT.com

Tire choice help. Texas Driver.

Rattsl

Bought my LGT used about 2 weeks ago. It's running 3 Yoko tires, and 1 Goodyear...I intend on changing this soon. Only problem is choosing the tire for the Texan weather.

I've been looking at Summer and All Condition tires such as

Nitto Motivo

BFGoodrich GForce Sport Comp 2

Goodyear Eagle GT

Any other recommendations? Or anyone in Texas running one of these, or have a better suggestion for our weather and road?

Thanks.

............ It snows and sleets sometimes and I do need to go out on those days. ...........

Avoid summer tires, and go for ultra high performance all-seasons, or performance all-seasons. Search this tire sub-forum for "UHPAS" and you will find some long threads with tire recommendations.

Are you looking for an all out performance tire or a touring tire? I am running 225/45R17 Kumho KU27 ( LX Platinum ). The perform well, ride and road noise is excellent, tread wear I am expecting at least 40-50,000 miles. I will but them again, very happy with these.

If these tires differ in circumference by more than 1/4", your center differential may already have been over heated and damaged.

Great...not exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks for the heads up.

Are you looking for an all out performance tire or a touring tire? I am running 225/45R17 Kumho KU27 ( LX Platinum ). The perform well, ride and road noise is excellent, tread wear I am expecting at least 40-50,000 miles. I will but them again, very happy with these.

Have those tires on the Altima, 600 Treadwear rating

good 20-30k on them, still got 5/32 left

pretty awesome!

What are some of the tires some of you are using? For a UHPS tire. Little bit of snow but mostly dry. When it rains, it rains hard. Just need a tire that is good for some lively driving every once in a while.

Might end up with the Nitto Motivo. Decently good reviews on DT, and decent price as well. Tread design looks fine. I have Nitto's on my truck right now, and I drove that like a bat out of hell. Almost a year on them so far, but on the car...we'll see.

Archived