LegacyGT.com

To spec B or not to B..that is the question??

Thank you all for all the responses. We made the decision last week to go with the 2008 Legacy GT (the wife loved the deep bronze metallic paint) unfortunately I regret not getting the Spec. B. It appeared that without any warning the stock vf40 turbo failed and the fragments made its way into the engine while wifey was casually driving about the other day. I have just aquired a huge headache.

I bought a 2007 Spec B new and have put 104K miles on it with very little drama (so far only a battery and oil control valve). My previous vehicle was a M39 M5 that was just unbelievable... However, the Spec B has been just as much fun and a lot more reliable. It isn't as stiff or as fast as an STI, but it does suprise a lot of folks that aren't expecting a 4 door sedan to move and handle like it does. I had an SPT intake and cat back put on at 200 miles and that made a noticable difference. I would also suggest the Spec B won't attract any more attention until your wife jucies it away from a light leaving everyone else behind. My wife enjoys the Spec B more so than the M5 as it is a much more predictable platform and easier to drive. Just my two cents...

Thank you all for all the responses. We made the decision last week to go with the 2008 Legacy GT (the wife loved the deep bronze metallic paint) unfortunately I regret not getting the Spec. B. It appeared that without any warning the stock vf40 turbo failed and the fragments made its way into the engine while wifey was casually driving about the other day. I have just aquired a huge headache.

Ouch. Hopefully you bought it from a reputable dealer and they're willing to work with you. You just bought the car! Good luck.

Sold: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B #104 of 500

Sorry to hear. Look up and see what your states lemon laws are, if any. Hopefully there will be something to work in your favor.

I am going to excerise the state lemon law (There is a 30 day warranty). The dealer is a small mom and pop type shop. We called the dealer, he was very skeptical and wanted to blame my wife for operating the vehicle negligently. He had trouble believing that there were issues with car. The Legacy drove beautifully and according to the dealer was well maintained. It appears the dealer is willing to work with me and I had the car towed back to his service/dealer mechanic. I just hope this doesnt get dragged into llitigation.

I bought a 2007 Spec B new and have put 104K miles on it with very little drama (so far only a battery and oil control valve). My previous vehicle was a M39 M5 that was just unbelievable... However, the Spec B has been just as much fun and a lot more reliable. It isn't as stiff or as fast as an STI, but it does suprise a lot of folks that aren't expecting a 4 door sedan to move and handle like it does. I had an SPT intake and cat back put on at 200 miles and that made a noticable difference. I would also suggest the Spec B won't attract any more attention until your wife jucies it away from a light leaving everyone else behind. My wife enjoys the Spec B more so than the M5 as it is a much more predictable platform and easier to drive. Just my two cents...

One of the main reason for getting the wife the Legacy was to get her out of my e39 m5 :)

Archived