LegacyGT.com

When to shift

I wish i could get 18 runs in in one night. I havent had the time with playing with my launches or shift points. My first run i launched at 5500 and wheel hopped all of first gear. Second run was 4500 and got a 1.9 60ft revved all the way to 7000 and managed a 13.5 @ 101.7. Paid 25 bucks for 2 runs and drove almost 2 hours. Sucked.

I want to run it exactly how It'll be running on the street. Full interior and junk/tools in the trunk, same tire pressures etc

Taking the spare out, adjusting the tire pressure etc would be cheating

I'll try to get a low 13 in the spring when I launch harder and shift at peak power instead of 6.5k. I make peak power at 5.7k

I'm satisfied with the numbers for my first time ever on the track. 1.8 60', .016 R/T

I also don't think I even launched at 5k, I never really even looked down as I was watching the tree count down, it was probably more in the 3-4k range. Rev'ed it only when the lights were coming down. Slightly rev'ed it up only and doubt it ever past the 4.5k mark

A guy at work just got a 2012 dodge charger r/t and thinks he can spank me. I looked them up- not in great detail- and I am pretty sure I can beat him. (Which made me start looking at threads like this one.)

I'm 2008 gt manual

Invidia 3" dp

K&n panel filter

Cobb stg 2 93 oct

Avo MAF hose

Hogzhausted

Turbo xs bpv

For a close race, I'd probably take the bpv off and put stocker back on.. But I think I can beat him. I'm a little unsure about dropping the clutch and spinning wheels vs riding it a little and keeping traction. I'm only at 30,000 miles, so I don't expect anything to be in bad shape for an actual launch..... But I'm not too knowledgable in that area.

WUT? Maybe its my love of summer times but IIRC tires don't spin that hard on inline launch at stage 2, they mostly chirp. Why would you swap your bpv? You don't REALLY think learning to launch DURING A RACE is a good idea do you? Go launch your car a few times. Repeat till you can repeat. Then repeat when the time comes.

You will be able to pull an R/T but don't let him make the move or get out in front of you. You are faster but not THAT much faster.

So you're talking about dropping the clutch? I've done it just a few times, a couple felt really good.. But I really don't want to be beating on it because I want the tranny to last- so I haven't practiced much. But that's what you're saying to do?

A guy at work just got a 2012 dodge charger r/t and thinks he can spank me. I looked them up- not in great detail- and I am pretty sure I can beat him. (Which made me start looking at threads like this one.)

I'm 2008 gt manual

Invidia 3" dp

K&n panel filter

Cobb stg 2 93 oct

Avo MAF hose

Hogzhausted

Turbo xs bpv

For a close race, I'd probably take the bpv off and put stocker back on.. But I think I can beat him. I'm a little unsure about dropping the clutch and spinning wheels vs riding it a little and keeping traction. I'm only at 30,000 miles, so I don't expect anything to be in bad shape for an actual launch..... But I'm not too knowledgable in that area.

i beat one of them with the ap stage 1 map. he even had an exhaust too. i had a 14.1 and he had a 14.3. you have nothing to worry about

Clutches are wear items.

You wanna streetrace a guy at work.

You are concerned about your ability to launch the car.

You are concerned about the car's ability to hold together.

Do you want to find out during the race by flubbing the launch and looking like an idiot for never catching up?

Do you want to find out your clutch is burnt out and flubb the race looking like an idiot for never catching up.

or

Learn how to drive the car and launch?

Alternately go from a roll.

So you're talking about dropping the clutch? I've done it just a few times, a couple felt really good.. But I really don't want to be beating on it because I want the tranny to last- so I haven't practiced much. But that's what you're saying to do?

don't dump the clutch! unless you know what you're doing, don't risk it. ease the clutch out. a 2.0 60' is more than enough to smash his charger. they only trap 98-99mph.

Clutches are wear items.

You wanna streetrace a guy at work.

You are concerned about your ability to launch the car.

You are concerned about the car's ability to hold together.

Do you want to find out during the race by flubbing the launch and looking like an idiot for never catching up?

Do you want to find out your clutch is burnt out and flubb the race looking like an idiot for never catching up.

or

Learn how to drive the car and launch?

Alternately go from a roll.

yea, then he can't cry about you having awd launch advantage.

I've launched the car a few times dropping the clutch. And quite a few times before in a non turbo fwd car- totally different. But I am really only concerned about the tranny when/if I would drop the clutch. But I guess I could beat him without it- quite sure it's an automatic, so he's not gonna have an impressive launch

I'm a little unsure about dropping the clutch and spinning wheels vs riding it a little and keeping traction. I'm only at 30,000 miles, so I don't expect anything to be in bad shape for an actual launch..... But I'm not too knowledgable in that area.

I vote clutch slip.... I don't think the wheelspin approach will work well with the stock 50f/50r center diff torque split, and an open front diff. At least it never worked well for me. The front gets light and one of those will spin, and that makes for a slow launch.

I vote clutch slip.... I don't think the wheelspin approach will work well with the stock 50f/50r center diff torque split, and an open front diff. At least it never worked well for me. The front gets light and one of those will spin, and that makes for a slow launch.

Pretty accurate.

The fastest launches have you JUST chirping the front tires in my experience.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived