LegacyGT.com

05 Legacy Cat Problems

Hi,

Wifes 05 wagon has a stutter/hesitation at idle that I believe is the result of a generic cat the previous owner put on the car. My question is what are my options on years/models for an easy replacement? Much rather just bolt on a whole section rather then having to take it to a shop and have them cut/weld in the new one.

Thanks

Hi,

Wifes 05 wagon has a stutter/hesitation at idle that I believe is the result of a generic cat the previous owner put on the car. My question is what are my options on years/models for an easy replacement? Much rather just bolt on a whole section rather then having to take it to a shop and have them cut/weld in the new one.

Thanks

98-2004 Legacy/OB/Impreza cat sections have same flange locations not the same sensor locations, you might be able to find a used one but thats a gamble.

I would look to Walker or Eastern Catalytics for a replacement but some members have reported slight fitment issues with those as well. The OEM unit will cost $$$$$ but peace of mind is worthless......I mean priceless:p

Wait, 2.5i or do you have a gt?

Depending on the installed cat section he may have a single dual unit cat or a two piece cat. If the upstream cat goes you either have to cut it and replace it or replace the whole unit.

The LGT/L are teh same exhaust until 2004 so he has plenty of options.

Depending on the installed cat section he may have a single dual unit cat or a two piece cat. If the upstream cat goes you either have to cut it and replace it or replace the whole unit.

The LGT/L are teh same exhaust until 2004 so he has plenty of options.

yup, it's the dual cat single section

Archived