LegacyGT.com

JDM Brembo swap question

locolgt2.5

As long as you have brake rotors from a 2004 sti (they have the 5x100 holes) The fronts are plug and play.

as for the rears you have 2 options...

you can get brackets for the calipers, and then special brake shoes for the e-brake so that you can use the oem 2004 sti brake rotors.

or

you can get brackets for the calipers and new brake rotors that are special so that you can use your oem legacy brake shoe's.

i went with option #1 from Onkelracing.com (also can go to knsbrakes.com and buy from them as i just realized onkelracing is banned from this site) . Also please note that the stainless steel brake lines for the rear are not the same as either STI or LEGACY. you need to buy a custom setup sold by Magentic1 (also a user on here). i got the full stainless steel front and rear set from him.

Indeed I just noticed my original vendor account OnkelRacing has been "banned". I have not been actively selling/advertising the product here so I did not think this was a problem. Anyway if anyone has technical questions about the adapter parking shoes please feel free to contact me.

And, yes, KNS has been re-selling the shoes I have been making.

• 3 months later...
As long as you have brake rotors from a 2004 sti (they have the 5x100 holes) The fronts are plug and play.

as for the rears you have 2 options...

you can get brackets for the calipers, and then special brake shoes for the e-brake so that you can use the oem 2004 sti brake rotors.

From my research I found out that the rear brake shoes fit 170mm diameter, the '04 STi use 190mm diameter for the rear brake shoes, hence the 20mm thicker rear parking brake shoes.

Is there a link to where these rear shoes are sold?

or

you can get brackets for the calipers and new brake rotors that are special so that you can use your oem legacy brake shoe's.

i went with option #1 from Onkelracing.com (also can go to knsbrakes.com and buy from them as i just realized onkelracing is banned from this site) . Also please note that the stainless steel brake lines for the rear are not the same as either STI or LEGACY. you need to buy a custom setup sold by Magentic1 (also a user on here). i got the full stainless steel front and rear set from him.

The special rotors are basically, 316mm which use a 170mm rear brake drum with 5x100 bolt pattern. DBA 42657 SL/SR but they a little pricey, around $195 each.

I know KNS has this setup too, but shipping to the west coast from NC is pricey. Is there any other vendors who might carry these parts?

Lastly, anything else I haven't covered here?

Archived