LegacyGT.com

AAPOQ : 1998 Legacy 2.5 GT

AAPOQ

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mazda makes nice stuff...a little over engineered for my liking, kinda hard to work on. My wife got a speed3 hatch a couple years ago, that car was fast as f*** but hard to keep traction and from oversteering in corners. If they had an awd system in them it would be sick.

She hated my legacy when I met her then she was able to actually drive in the worst snowstorm and freeze we have ever had in Texas and she became a believer. Now she wants a 05 lgt wagon so bad. The worm has turned into a butterfly lol.

Good luck modding and hope your chick likes her mazda bro.

Thanks!

Oh she loves it, lol. It hasn't even been 24 hours and she won't stop texting me about how awesome it is.

She does like Subaru, though. We almost got her a 4th gen leggy but we couldn't find the right one.

I made her a believer after making her drive my leggy for 2months AFTER we sold her accord.

Check out the grimmspeed brake master cylinder brace too, with the braided ss lines the brakes will feel much more stiff with it, I personally never had one but the theory is there and credible...if you want to see how that works get a buddy or someone to turn the car on and pump the brakes...while the brakes are being pumped you can see the master cylinder moving slightly under power. The brace takes that movement out for a stiffer pedal feel. The brace grimmspeed sells is a bit pricey at $100 but if you have any fabrication skills you can probably replicate it for about 5 buck and a couple hours time.

Check out the grimmspeed brake master cylinder brace too, with the braided ss lines the brakes will feel much more stiff with it, I personally never had one but the theory is there and credible...if you want to see how that works get a buddy or someone to turn the car on and pump the brakes...while the brakes are being pumped you can see the master cylinder moving slightly under power. The brace takes that movement out for a stiffer pedal feel. The brace grimmspeed sells is a bit pricey at $100 but if you have any fabrication skills you can probably replicate it for about 5 buck and a couple hours time.

NO KIDDING? Good to know! Maybe someday I'll do it, but it's not on the top of the list. But that's cool to know for sure.

Yeah man, people like them..and I have had my wife sit in my car and smash the brakes a few times and the cylinder does move a bit which in turn compounds further down to the brake lines moving causing fade. With what you are doing you should feel a major difference in pedal feel. When I had my 2nd gen l I was going to do all that as well because the brakes on that car were shit and on the verge of dangerous braking at speed. The gt brakes you have are certainly better at clamping and the rotors are almost an inch bigger.

I'm going to be working on getting some exhaust upgrades after I get some proper shoes for my wagon, my tires are near bald....

I don't know yet, whatever I can afford in the next couple of weeks..I was happy with the last set I had on my sedan, kumho 4x. Those are comfy tires kind of like all seasons, deep cut treads and a z-rating. Pretty sticky tires. The clutch and re-seal of my wagons motor left me broke so I have to be super careful with the current tires I have.

^What size are you gonna run?

I'm still trying to pick a tire size to run :p

I'm dropping with H&R sport springs and running 17x7.5 wheel, so I was thinking 215/45-17 or 225/45-17 but I'm unsure. There is so many different opinions I don't know which size to run:confused:

I like 16's with 205/50's, probably going to run those on my first gen wagon again. For my wifes wagon I want to put some 17×7.5 wheels. Not sure about tires for that one, am unfamiliar with tires that big. Before I got into a Subaru I was running a 12 second poor mans typeR, and a 91 prelude with an h22 swap. My civic had ce28n's and the prelude had 16x7 slipstreams. I don't have either car anymore since I basically traded them for Subaru.

I like 16's with 205/50's, probably going to run those on my first gen wagon again. For my wifes wagon I want to put some 17×7.5 wheels. Not sure about tires for that one, am unfamiliar with tires that big. Before I got into a Subaru I was running a 12 second poor mans typeR, and a 91 prelude with an h22 swap. My civic had ce28n's and the prelude had 16x7 slipstreams. I don't have either car anymore since I basically traded them for Subaru.

Here ya go, dude!

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?customSizeSearch=&width=205%2F&ratio=50&diameter=16

• 1 month later...

Archived