LegacyGT.com

AAPOQ : 1998 Legacy 2.5 GT

AAPOQ

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My car is that picture was an Auto with a shift boot and different knob, so yeah it'll work

if you do this, look for a MT wrx console, you can see that the trim around the shifter is raised up, it used to have a shift tree thing on there since it was from an AT

even better, the STis had a cool bezel around that trim piece thatll work

My car is that picture was an Auto with a shift boot and different knob, so yeah it'll work

if you do this, look for a MT wrx console, you can see that the trim around the shifter is raised up, it used to have a shift tree thing on there since it was from an AT

even better, the STis had a cool bezel around that trim piece thatll work

What year is that wrx console from?

Thanks for all the help!

• 2 weeks later...

I will be doing the "power mode" mod on my tcu today hopefully!

And I bought my wheels!>>>[ame=http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007MEIBUS/ref=pe_385040_30332200_pe_309540_26725410_item_image]Motegi MR125 17x7.5 Gray Wheel / Rim 5x100 with a 42mm Offset and a 72.60 Hub Bore. Partnumber MR12577551442 : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

Thanks for the comments! I'm excited for this project to get moving. I wanna lower it but I'm unsure what to buy? I wanna autoX so I was thinking H&R lowering springs.

I also want some hawk pads and Steel brake lines, also again, I'm unsure what to buy...

Personnaly not a fan of coils, so I would recommend lowering springs. I have heard many conflicting things about hawk pads, some say they are great some say they don't last and are noisy..I have no experience with them, I always bought ebc reds since my honda days, I helped a friend with a 98 wagon put all four goodridge on his l brakes....amazing difference. I know how crappy L brakes are so I think with gt brakes that mod would be even better.

Fuel pump went out yesterday. That was a fun repair:rolleyes:

Personnaly not a fan of coils, so I would recommend lowering springs. I have heard many conflicting things about hawk pads, some say they are great some say they don't last and are noisy..I have no experience with them, I always bought ebc reds since my honda days, I helped a friend with a 98 wagon put all four goodridge on his l brakes....amazing difference. I know how crappy L brakes are so I think with gt brakes that mod would be even better.

The plan is to use H&R springs with new gr2 struts and red stuff brake pads:) and SS brake lines..

^fun times replacing pumps..had to do that twice last year..not a bad job since there is access at least..

I think you will be more than happy with what your doing, the gr2's are only like 10% stiffer than oem which is great for the ride, you won't be chipping your teeth going down the road.

^fun times replacing pumps..had to do that twice last year..not a bad job since there is access at least..

I think you will be more than happy with what your doing, the gr2's are only like 10% stiffer than oem which is great for the ride, you won't be chipping your teeth going down the road.

Yeah, it wasn't too tough. My only complaints would be that the napa pump didn't seat the same in the pump assembly and the strainer is sticking straight out horizontally from the bottom instead of angling downward..

And you'd think subaru would of made the little access door to the assembly, bigger:p

• 3 weeks later...

Archived