LegacyGT.com

Powdercoated Side Spoilers!!

Haight 05LGT

If you are going to paint them then you have to sand them down and prep them correctly. If not they will peel in no time. Believe me I know I painted car parts for a while and it is a pain to see them peel. If I was you I would just paint them same color, but that is just me.

And I though the thread jacking was fun, so I am mot apologizing! :lol: Your title and description of what you wanted to do made it teh funny.

X

I know that I need to sand them down properly. I planned on it. I just want to know what they are going to look like before I go crazy with it. I thought about doing the same color but I don't want to pay an assload for the paint from the dealership.

What is your insurance deductable? If it's lower than say, 500 bucks, it would be best to go through insurance and get it professionally done.

Like a hit and run repair.

However I admit to not knowing how your crazy American insurance policies work.

Check with your local dealerships and see who their local go to "fix-it" paint guy is. The one they bring in to repair minor scuff and scrapes on their new and used car inventory. I found a great guy (John), who used to paint for Boyd Coddington (before Charlie), through my local dealer.

I had scraped a huge gouge in the left corner of my rear bumper of my wife's Forester, and thought for sure that I'd have to replace the whole bumper skin, repaint and reattach a new bumper pad. Insurance estimate was $1300.00, my deductible was $250.00. Gave John a call and he looked it over and told me that he'd fix it properly for $200.00.

All he needed was the paint code from the build plate, and he ordered everything he needed. Only used top-of-the-line German paints and lacquers so at least half of the cost was materials alone. Dropped the car off with him in the morning at a local Cadillac dealership where he was working, and picked it up that afternoon. Could not believe how good it looked. Bumper looked brand new, he had repainted the entire skin and the paint-match was perfect.

So, find a good fix-it paint guy that a quality dealership uses and trusts, and see what he can do for you.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I know that I need to sand them down properly. I planned on it. I just want to know what they are going to look like before I go crazy with it. I thought about doing the same color but I don't want to pay an assload for the paint from the dealership.

You do not have to buy paint from the dealer, find a paint supplier, or better yet have someone do it professionally.

It is better to have it painted professionally than looking like crap.

X

---

This is who I had my franchise with:

http://www.colorsonparade.com/

They have people in Oregon. I used to paint anything from Lexus, to Toyota, to Honda, never did exotics, but my cousin still does, and he does Ferrari, Lambos, Etc.

The quality varies from franchisee to franchisee, but if he can't paint rocker panels properly, he should not be in business.

X

---

Painting your side skirts black will just make your car look like an entry level Civic from the 90's.

Save up your pennies and get it re-painted.

/my 2 cents

Thats what I was afraid of and why I wanted them properly photo shopped before I touched them. Thanks Gire...you just made me choose to leave it be until I can get it properly redone.

What is your insurance deductable? If it's lower than say, 500 bucks, it would be best to go through insurance and get it professionally done.

Like a hit and run repair.

However I admit to not knowing how your crazy American insurance policies work.

I just looked and come to find out I have no deductible for comprehensive!! Woot. I totally forgot that I chose that last year! New paint job here I come.

Archived