LegacyGT.com

Yellow Laminex Covers or Yellow Fog Light Bulbs

NavigatorsLegacy

In my experience I say get the bulbs, and good quality ones. The tint film looks cheesy.. and when you turn on the lights they aren't even very yellow at all. Good bulbs will give you that deep yellow you're looking for.

• 4 weeks later...

08-09 fogs are pointed so low that you cannot even see the light from the fog lights from the drivers seat. To me fog lights have always been about being seen by other drivers in bad conditions than helping me see better. Look at it this way if the fog lights are showing you something new your headlights missed you are going to hit it anyway.

I personally feel yellow fogs are about looks and help make the car more visible.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

• 2 weeks later...
go with hoen fog bulbs! i got them for mine and its a true yellow while keeping your lens clear when off. i had a bulb/film combo and wasn't happy with it. plus the film burnt. if you like my avatar lights then hoens should be your choice. and they're only about $45 shipped

Damn, might be a good option because of the price. Can you take pic(s) so we can see what they look like?

Found them on Amazon. Seems at that price they are 55w bulbs and for a couple more $ you can get the 110w

55w

HELLA HLA-H83135061: H3 12V 55W Yellow Star : Amazon.com : Automotive

110w

HELLA HLA-H83135121: H3 12V 110W Yellow Star Off Road Use : Amazon.com : Automotive

Ok bumping this back up because i just installed up a set of the 55W Hella Yellow-Star H3 bulbs on to my mom's Maxima. They do have a definite yellow tint HOWEVER it is NOTHING compared to the Hoen bulbs. Compared to the Hoen 9006 bulbs in my spec.B they look like a slightly off color standard halogen bulb.

If you are looking for a decent yellow color at low cost it is hard to beat the $6 Hella Yellow-Stars. However if you want a really DEEP yellow color and don't mind spending $45 for a set the Hoen Enduro bulbs are FAR better. Only other option IMO is 3000K HID's.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

I just use alcohol if I touch the glass by accident when installing them. (stupid H3's)

By my anecdotal evidence, it doesnt matter with these bulbs. They all burned out in a short time, where the clear stock ones I could reinstall over and over, and seemed to last forever.

Kind of off-topic here, but I figured why open a new thread.

I have the PIAA Plasma ION Yellow H3 bulbs in my fog lights.

They burn out too often I think, at least once a year. One at a time.

Is there anything close to the color and intensity of these? I want to keep the yellow, but I am tired of shelling out the $$ for lights I have to replace yearly.

Kind of off-topic here, but I figured why open a new thread.

I have the PIAA Plasma ION Yellow H3 bulbs in my fog lights.

They burn out too often I think, at least once a year. One at a time.

Is there anything close to the color and intensity of these? I want to keep the yellow, but I am tired of shelling out the $$ for lights I have to replace yearly.

piaa's suck compared to the other options. i originally had them, but they just weren't what i wanted. so i got a set of hoen's and i would get them again and again. and they're half the price of piaa's.

as for hi/lo beam, i don't know. just look at the pictures on their website.

Archived