LegacyGT.com

LGT vs SRT4....

Wouldn't you know it, I had a feeling I might have a scuffle on my way home tonight! And sure enough I did.

Although this time I purposely went after this nice shiny black SRT4. I saw him and immediately pulled in behind him, I tailed him for a mile or two, and during that time he would gently accelerate, then let off, as if to see if I was a willing partner! And of course I was.

Once there was a break in traffic, I was able to move over to the middle lane, as he waited for me to role alongside, I again slipped it into 4th, as we were going about 75mph. I put my foot down, and left off momentarily, to allow/notify the SRT4 I was going for it, and he in turn put the hammer down and we were off....

We were basically neck and neck, neither one of us giving the other an inch, until he needed to shift, then I was able to ever so slightly put his front bumper just behind my door. We were only able to get to about 105-110mph, before catching up to more traffic, so we had to shut it down.

From there traffic had piled up in a hurry, so we had a little time to roll our windows down to chat.

Him:" Is that a new Legacy?"(I'm debadged)

Me: " Yes, what year is your srt4?"

Him:" an '05, That isn't stock, right?"

Me: " No, I do have a couple mods, giving me about 280hp"

Him:" I thought so, because yours is pretty quick!"

Me: " So your all stock?"

Him:" Grinning, yeah. I 've got about 230hp..."

Me: " Yeah, but to the wheels. Nice run, I 've been wanting to see how I would do against one of these."

Then traffic starting moving enough to not be able to hold a conversation. But suffice it to say, 2 combatants fought fiercely, and had mutual respect for the other afterwards. I came away satisfied, and I'm sure he will approach future LGT's with some caution....

i think his engine will eject when it sees a rodent run across the road

Yeah the amazing thing is that the engine can survive ejection at mach 10 or at the speed of low earth orbit whichever is fas4r!

i actually traded a 04 srt for my legacy gt. he had to be stock. and from the factory they do dyno maybe 228 or so. with a few mods. from a role like that we will probably never have a chance. i raced an sti in my srt from a role like that. it was close the whole time. he ran an 11.8 and with drag radials i managed a 12.46. the srt has nasty top end and with the mopar stage 1 you gan bury the 160 mph speedo. i loved my srt only wanted awd. sometime i miss it. but as soon as i get some more mods on this i will miss it less. the climate control and heated seats help a little too. but don't doubt the srt they are nasty machines with a few mods and a good driver.

i actually traded a 04 srt for my legacy gt. he had to be stock. and from the factory they do dyno maybe 228 or so. with a few mods. from a role like that we will probably never have a chance. i raced an sti in my srt from a role like that. it was close the whole time. he ran an 11.8 and with drag radials i managed a 12.46. the srt has nasty top end and with the mopar stage 1 you gan bury the 160 mph speedo. i loved my srt only wanted awd. sometime i miss it. but as soon as i get some more mods on this i will miss it less. the climate control and heated seats help a little too. but don't doubt the srt they are nasty machines with a few mods and a good driver.

Oh, I wasn't doubting it, I was just curious. Besides, it's good to be humbled every once in a while.

We were basically neck and neck, neither one of us giving the other an inch, until he needed to shift, then I was able to ever so slightly put his front bumper just behind my door. We were only able to get to about 105-110mph, before catching up to more traffic, so we had to shut it down.

That's pretty good. SRT4's trap 100+ on a regular basis in the 1/4. I take it your LGT is stage 1??

Great to see that from such a maligned segment of drivers, a true street-racer, who properly respects his opponents, does pop up! :)

Nice story!

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived