LegacyGT.com

wrx and gt crank?

Hi

I got a 97 wrx motor that i want to put in my 94 gt legacy.

Only problem is the wrx had a bottom end problem, i pulled it apart and found the number 2 bearing fused to the crank.

I have another 94 gt that i've split so i can use that crank. only thing is that they look opposite/mirrored, can I use the gt crank in the wrx block?

lmao, flip one crank over. there now there not mirrored. and you can use any crank in any motor as long as the mains are 48mm on both or like the new cranks, 52mm.

Lol there both sitting the same, the mirrored parts are .... dont know what you call them um, the round bits either side of each con rod. some of those have beveled edges and its those that are opposite.

Good to know I can use it tho, thanks

Are you talking JDM?

WRX didn't hit US til 2002.

O.

Most of our cars here are originally imported from japan, if thats what you mean by jdm?

• I Donated
Most of our cars here are originally imported from japan, if thats what you mean by jdm?

JDM = Japanese Domestic Market

meaning they are cars from japan

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

He's in NZ so they should both be 2.0 turbo cranks with 52mm rod journals, and phase 1 with the thrust bearing in #3. so yeah. it'll work.

Picture of this "mirrored" crank? Set them down so the keyways are both facing the same direction.

Archived