LegacyGT.com

Show off your 5th Gen's aftermarket wheels!!

Dang am I the only one who's wheels are on permanent backorder lol ? Naw I am happy for those who have theirs by now and if I really needed wheels that badly I would just pop over to the dealership.

...well if it makes you feel better I've had mine since last summer and still haven't put them on my car :lol:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang am I the only one who's wheels are on permanent backorder lol ? Naw I am happy for those who have theirs by now and if I really needed wheels that badly I would just pop over to the dealership.

Copper, you are your own worst enemy. Bad decisions and awful self control. Get your shit together, because personally, I am tired of hearing about your endless purse and inability to make an educated decision. Go find another forum to flaunt your wealth and idiocy. :D

Copper, you are your own worst enemy. Bad decisions and awful self control. Get your shit together, because personally, I am tired of hearing about your endless purse and inability to make an educated decision. Go find another forum to flaunt your wealth and idiocy. :D

You just described half the folks on this forum...including me...:lol:

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Yeah, no! Copper is a very unique individual.

I like the mix of personalities we have in our little world...er...forum.

If we had a large forum like myg35.com that I used to be on, it would be very difficult to have this sort of rhetoric.

Cheers!

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Well first of all my purse matches my eyes lol. But on a side note the only things that I am indecisive about are things that deal with cars. I need a job or something to occupy my time as sitting home allows too much computer time. That translates to spending more money, and then more classified sales. Woah I just described myself as a gerbil on a wheel lol. :) Edited by coppertone
2010 2.5GT limited is for sale. :)

XXR 527's

18x8.75 35+ Offset

Tires are 235/40/R18

Goodyear Eagle Sports

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7398/13398413125_ae49d5270a_b.jpg

While I like the wheels and the car...you should have done more research on the tire size.

You went smaller.

Larger would have looked a lot better.

245/40R18, or even 245/45R18 would have been much better.

While I like the wheels and the car...you should have done more research on the tire size.

You went smaller.

Larger would have looked a lot better.

245/40R18, or even 245/45R18 would have been much better.

Ohhh man, here we go again. The tire size nazi :lol: just kidding.

But seriously, assuming the stock size for the 2.5i is 215/50r17, a 245/45r18 would be 1.2 inches taller (diameter) :eek:

If you're on 18's, you're in LGT territory which comes with a stock tire of 225/45R18. If you want to maintain that diameter while going wider, you most likely select a 245/40R18. I'd go with 245/40 over 235/40 mainly because of more tire tread on the ground and slightly more sidewall for a pothole or other hazard to travel through before breaking my wheels (but the sidewall difference isn't terribly significant). 245/45 will definitely give you additional sidewall height for sure.

But, if someone wants to go with a stretched look, fine. I'm currently stretching the stock 225/45 tires on 8.5" rims, but that's only because I don't want to spend money on a new set of tires right now. I personally don't care for the look and would swap the tires out ASAP if I had a cool grand burning a hole in my wallet.

Edited by Ellesedil

Ohhh man, here we go again. The tire size nazi :lol: just kidding.

But seriously, assuming the stock size for the 2.5i is 215/50r17, a 245/45r18 would be 1.2 inches taller (diameter) :eek:

Incorrect.

It would be .6" taller.

Diameter divided by two.

See...the nazi learned you something today.

:lol:

Secondly, every Subaru I've had(I'm on my ninth) has been equipped with a speedometer that reads too fast. Slightly increasing the tire size is an easy way to correct this. When my stock 22/50R17 tires need replaced, the size I'm going is 235/50R17.

Secondly, every Subaru I've had(I'm on my ninth) has been equipped with a speedometer that reads too fast. Slightly increasing the tire size is an easy way to correct this. When my stock 22/50R17 tires need replaced, the size I'm going is 235/50R17.

On a 3.6R and an LGT, yes. With a 2.5i, going with a shorter tire is a cheap way to lower the gearing. On my old 2.5i, I went with 245/45/17. I contemplated 235/45/17, but it looked a bit small for me.

Incorrect.

It would be .6" taller.

Diameter divided by two.

See...the nazi learned you something today.

:lol:

I meant the whole tire, when sitting side by side with the stock tire, would be 1.2" taller. You are correct that the sidewall is only .6" taller though :)

Back on topic, a more recent picture of my aftermarket wheels. Summer is approaching fast and I need to start piecing together my summer wheel/tire setup...

13302829204_36e583f911_h.jpg

I like the tire sized i chose, i went with the 235 vs the 245 because of possible clearance issues once i go lower later this summer. I talked to a few people in my local subaru owners club that are obsessive with fitment and i like the look. To each is their own right?

I meant the whole tire, when sitting side by side with the stock tire, would be 1.2" taller. You are correct that the sidewall is only .6" taller though :)

To find the total height increase of an increase in diameter, you divide the total height increase by two.

A 1.2" increase in diameter is a .6" increase in height.

I like the tire sized i chose, i went with the 235 vs the 245 because of possible clearance issues once i go lower later this summer. I talked to a few people in my local subaru owners club that are obsessive with fitment and i like the look. To each is their own right?

I dont see how you would have had a fitment issue with 245 even with oem struts. A 255 has no issues with oem struts let alone coilovers.

I like the way it looks on your car and wheels. I am just talking fitment concerns.

To find the total height increase of an increase in diameter, you divide the total height increase by two.

A 1.2" increase in diameter is a .6" increase in height.

From the ground to the top of the tire....one is 25.5" tall and the other is 26.7" tall.

Regardless, like the man said himself, a smaller (minute difference in size) tire can be used to avoid fitment issues or at least have a better chance of minimal fitment issues, as opposed to choosing larger tires.

from the urban dictionary.

baller

A thug that has "made it" to the big time. Originally refered ball players that made it out of the streets to make millions as a pro ball player, but now is used to describe any thug that is living large.

I am neither a thug nor have I made it "big time". $1600 on wheels and tires which I put on a credit card, and sold my stock wheels to help pay off, is not "living large". Try again Copper. :cool: