LegacyGT.com

19 year old girl + pontiac + speeding =

OP holy shit man, glad to hear things are ok at least as much as they can be and GL with the new ride. I take that exit every other day at least on my way home, I've seen some crazy shit with people switching between the lanes. No bueno.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not get another Legacy?

Everytime a exit is backed up like that I go to the next exit.

Too many close calls that I don't want to take a chance of being the last car sitting there and hope to not get rear ended

You forgot a critical part of your equation... "texting"...?

Come on. A driver doesn't crash into a (practically) stationary object at 60 mph unless they're:

1. texting
  2. drunk
  3. texting and drunk
  4. applying eyeliner
  5. asleep
  6. blind
  7. too stupid to have gotten their license in the first place

So which was it? The girl should be forced to run back & forth across both directions of I-95 at 6pm on weekday thirty times or until she gets hit, whichever happens first.

All of the above??

I feel for you man! Hope your recovery is speedy and gl finding a new ride! R.I.P. legacy :(

Why not get another Legacy?

Everytime a exit is backed up like that I go to the next exit.

Too many close calls that I don't want to take a chance of being the last car sitting there and hope to not get rear ended

this exit has an offramp that's about a quarter mile or so, and around a few turns getting off the highway. so you get off and you're sitting at a light with three lanes. but there is plenty of visibility, hundreds of feet even, going up to the light.

someone was definitely not paying attention.

hahahahaah. I know that feeling. it sux.

Exactly why my kids will pay for at least half of whatever car they drive and why it will be slooooowwwww, lol

I pulled a stunt like that on something sloooooooow... a '92 Civic. I didn't pay for it though, I'm sure if I did I would have still done the same thing.

I was running through some tight turns. Inexperience (19) plus a damp road made me over correct and rotate the car 180 and slide right into a curb and into a residential yard. I ended up breaking the bead on both the drivers side tires.

The excuse I gave my dad in why I had two flat tires was that I hit some debris in the road. I laugh at that excuse now that I understand the amount of force you need to break the bead and that hitting a brick in the road wouldn't do that.

The biggest problem here is her age. At 19 she may or may not be under her parent's insurance (student status). If not, state minimum is likely. Also if not, it is unlikely she has any assets.

Getting a lawyer is a good idea for the storage lot in any case.

Let this serve as a reminder for all to review your underinsured motorist coverage.

No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

Glad you are ok, are the doors still opening up fine? If so thats Subaru Safety right there!

All doors open fine except the drivers side which has the fender bent inside the hinge.

Yea I was legit on my way to max oyster bro like I text u and was gonna go get the rims after.

Car was owned by the girls parents. We will see when the dust settles. Got a call from west Hartford pd but didn't call them back yet. Got the MSG from my fad too late cause I was busy buying a new iPhone today :-|. Well, either way glad to be alive for real.

Looks like that was the park road exit off 84e? I cringe every time I take that exit to go to the blueback area. I typically stay in the far left lane, and if someone isn't familiar with that exit they might not understand when to start slowing down to expect stopped traffic. How far backed up was the traffic? I don't take that exit all that often so I've probably never even see it at its worst, I've only been back to the point where the 84w traffic meets the 84e traffic and the 3 lanes start.

*I think i might've misunderstood, were you guys still on/near 84 or were you farther down the offramp?

The biggest problem here is her age. At 19 she may or may not be under her parent's insurance (student status). If not, state minimum is likely. Also if not, it is unlikely she has any assets.

Getting a lawyer is a good idea for the storage lot in any case.

Let this serve as a reminder for all to review your underinsured motorist coverage.

That's why mine is pretty much maxed-out. The number of idiots driving around in beaters with no insurance and no income is probably more than I want to know. It seems like half the people I've seen in traffic court the two times I've been were driving on suspended licenses, or just plain didn't have one.

Archived