LegacyGT.com

ApexJapan2's B4 dynoed at last!

Hi gentlepeople,

I am sure this won't get looked at much down here, but hope that those who do bother to read this get some ideas or inspiration :)

This is a wee mod list of an old EJ208 TT in this sea of EJ257s. Hope you find it interesting, and perhaps for older TT owners, get some

hints on the modding path to glory ;) BTW, I am sure there are much faster cars out there, and not at all interested in dyno racing,

but I did attach a chart for fun...

For the record it is a BE5B RSK, McIntosh specced version, tuning (pretty obviously) mostly by AVO.

Engine:

AVO panel filter

AVO TMIC

Profec Boost controller

AVO sub-com

ApexJapan ghetto earthing

AVO BOV

Optima Red Top

Upgraded pitch stopper

STi engine mounts

AVO centre pipe w/sport cat

AVO rear box

AVO auto water sprayer/multi-meter (USDM STi water tank)

KnockLink

Walbro fuel pump "by AVO for BE5 Legacy"

Fancy engine oil

Handling:

Tokico adjustable dampers

Eibach springs

ALK

AVO endlinks

Whiteline ARBs (f+r)

AVO ARB bushings

Cusco rear tower bar

OEM D rev side performance bars

Prova front lower stiffeners

Brakes, wheels, tyres:

OEM red 4 pots

DBA5000 front rotors

DBA slotted rear rotors

STi brake lines

fancy fluid and pads

WedSports RSSC-5 17x7.5 ET48

Bridgestone S-03PP 215/45-17

Other:

Recaro SP

Sabelt 4 point harness

S401 metal pedals

Wheel Skins cover

Some small, light shift knob

AVO shifter mount bushings

Panasonic sat nav/TV

OEM leather centre arm rest

MD changer (who said it couldn't be done on a McIntosh? )

hidden ETC (electronic toll tag)

Subaru of Australia B4 mats

C West urethane chin spoiler (custom cracks )

proper yellow fog lights + various other bits

USDM rear centre "garnish" (says Subaru - not Legacy)

Latest dyno #s (visible below, but in case it deosn't show) 280ps at the wheels, 324ps crank, 36.5kg/m torque. This was in 32degree

celsius heat + the dyno room has to be one of the worst I know of for ventilation. I guess the numbers are not bad considering there is

a whacky electrical gremlin holding it back (the low down boost is wonky), and the dyno is notoriously low according to Paul...

Cheers :)

R0011586.JPGmod.jpg.933e01b425390b51ba3fb7417fbc5f75.jpg

LOL - funny you say that m8 - my wife has said similar - sans grin ;)

Dyno is out Hachioji way - the sticks :rolleyes: Don't dyno your std auto, you can get the bad news direct from AVO without paying for it...

I'll post more pics of the car, engine bay, etc when it comes back from some TLC being done @ Subaru (fingers crossed they can find the d**n source of the electrical wierdness). Paul needs to do a photo shoot of it soon anyways...

B4 - a Hakone run could be fun. We'll have to think about that soon. How about a mini-meet in Tokyo though? :D

apexjapan2 now that I see the results, TELL ROSS TO START GETTING THIS STUFF READY FOR MY 2001 GT WAGON!!

Mrlantra,

As long as you can get nice safe fuel (we are spoilt by 100RON) you can do this. You'll wanna get Ross over to do the tunes though ;)

No, smarty pants...it's Ross

The Little Red Wagon

Ross Wilson's "Little Red Wagon" has been around for over 8 years in various states of tune. Used for circuit racing and drag racing, it still has the original EJ20 STi motor in it, though heavily massaged and now producing around 570hp at the crank. Ross is planning on cleaning it up, fine tuning the suspension and setting some record times at the various time attack contests throughout Japan.

No, smarty pants...it's Ross

Errr. no.... I met both of them. Ross has the little red wagon,a Forester, a Roadster and the GT-R R32 back in Australia, while Anton (apexjapan2) has the B4 BE5B, mentioned in this post, which is not a Subaru anymore :D

Should I change my name to KGB? :p:lol:

Well, then Ross and Anton use the same member name then (I see apexjapan2 signed by Ross often). If am confused, imagine those who don't post here on a regular basis.

Well, then Ross and Anton use the same member name then (I see apexjapan2 signed by Ross often). If am confused, imagine those who don't post here on a regular basis.

Well, I have not signed off as Ross yet to my knowledge ;) I am sure that Ross would sign on using something to do with his company, rather than associating his name with a bunch of journo types :)

Somebody else threw in the Rex pic - it is like a mascot after all :D

Cheers,

Anton :)

Anton - you have me so confused now. :eek: Paul uses 'apexjapan' to sell AVO parts. Ross works for AVO, correct? What's his user ID on this board or am I just seriously mixed up and always thought you were Ross??? :lol:

Trust me, you'd know if it was Ross by his spelin. :D

To be honest, I probably should have changed my user ID to AVOjapan, it's just that I started participating in this board as Apexjapan (original newssite) and the AVO japan bit came later - I was doing that gratis just to get the Legacy aftermarket moving for you guys.

Cheers,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com

http://www.sevenphotos.com

http://www.scoobymag.com

No probs m8. Just so ya know:

1. Ross IS AVO turboworld Japan.

2. Paul is working with Ross, and is also one of the principals of ApexJapan

a distant 3rd: and self is the other half of ApexJapan, and, IMHO, a fairly good customer of AVO (since the 80s :blush: ).

Ross doesn't post coz he is too busy doing the tuning thang every waking moment he has... Some of the confusion possibly comes from me getting stupid techy on some stuff here on the BBS, but heck, since I have a wee bit of knowledge on some of it, I try to help. Now, Ross has forgotten more than I know, so he is da dood - just too busy to get after it on forums. That's one of Paul's roles @ AVO after all:)

Hope that clears up a bit of the cloud cover :)

Cheers:)

Archived