LegacyGT.com

SO, HOW WELL VERSUS G35 OR 330i?

I bought a 2005 LGT LTD with the short-throw shifter. Since buying it I:

1) Switched tires to Goodyear F1 GS/D3

2) Installed an after-market anti sway bar

3) Installed better rotors

4) Installed better struts

My question is this: how would you expect this car to perform on a track versus either the 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe or the 2006 BMW 330i?

:confused:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pretty sure you'd hose the bmw... maybe the g35 would give you a run for your money? I had a friendly bout on the freeway with an 05 (i think) g35 when I was stage 1 and I pulled with people in the car, but stock to stock should be pretty close would be my guess...

Not really ... it's been too hot to do anything and I haven't been able to get hold of dad all day ... so no movie for me tonight.

Now, do you really have nothing better to do than ask a bunch of people if they THINK you might be able to beat 2 mildly similar cars that cost a lot more in a hypothetical track environment so you can talk a big game at the water cooler tomorrow against the guys in the office with said cars, and when they claim their cars are faster, you can say "nuh-uh ... my friends on the internet said I could beat you"

:rolleyes:

Not really ... it's been too hot to do anything and I haven't been able to get hold of dad all day ... so no movie for me tonight.

Now, do you really have nothing better to do than ask a bunch of people if they THINK you might be able to beat 2 mildly similar cars that cost a lot more in a hypothetical track environment so you can talk a big game at the water cooler tomorrow against the guys in the office with said cars, and when they claim their cars are faster, you can say "nuh-uh ... my friends on the internet said I could beat you"

:rolleyes:

Your a funny guy. And I like how you where not a total asshole and still managed to belittle David Bernat.

I don't think his question was a bad question though. Unfortunatelly I do not know much about the G35 or the 330i. I do know I would not trade my LGT for either.

What are you talking about? Don't you have anything better to do than sit around trying to make fun of people?

Seriously..... It's a car forum not a grammar contest, I think we all knew he meant anti-sway bar, but whatever gets you through the day.

Well, actually, it would be a case of spelling, not grammar, but who's counting?

And seriously, is it such a big deal to get so bent out of shape over it? After all ... it's just a car forum! :lol:

Thank you!

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13675

And for the record, it was a really stupid question, his title was all in caps, he listed his "mods" in the most asinine and vague possible way, and it's still magazine racing at best, but it's not even that ... it's speculation racing. This is the dork in high-school who would hypothesize who would win in a fight ... Batman or Spider man, but Batman can have fireballs from his fingers and Spiderman can have laser eyes.

I mean, really, with the information given, is there any possible way to give an answer that would be even REMOTELY close to being objective? Hell, with the information given, I couldn't even tell if it is significantly better than stock, if at all!

Did you used to live in Bridgewater NJ? I grew up around the block from a David Bernat. Just wondering and if so how is your brother Ryan doing if your him.

I bought a 2005 LGT LTD with the short-throw shifter. Since buying it I:

1) Switched tires to Goodyear F1 GS/D3

2) Installed an after-market anti sway bar

3) Installed better rotors

4) Installed better struts

My question is this: how would you expect this car to perform on a track versus either the 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe or the 2006 BMW 330i?

:confused:

wow and I have been told that I was immature and acted like an adolcent on hear and I think this is childish. Who cares what this guy said in another thread report him or send him a pm or something, this look promising, but now it sux.

wanye thanks for the attemt but it usless now :(

wanye thanks for the attemt but it usless now :(

I was going to say "here is my useless attempt to revive this thread" but it's not like that would matter either. You people should stay on topic or something.

Wayne53,

Curious about the floor in your garage. Is that tile for the check pattern? Did you place the mat over the top or is it part of the pattern?

I have been trying to come up with a way to improve the appearance of my floor. The first try with a floor stain but it didn't work well at all. Looked good for about 2 months and then went downhill quickly. Tough in the northeast because of snow and salt.

...only on the outside.

Touchee!

But at least the G35 interior is better than the Z ...

I can't believe Nissan hasn't figured out that a better interior won't cost them much extra and will greatly improve their entire model line. Now, not to say that Subaru is top-notch, but they're at least figuring out that better interior materials are going a LONG way to improving people's perceptions of brand quality. The cars are SO much nicer on the interior than they were 5-6 years ago.

Archived