LegacyGT.com

Risk opening

They should last the life of the engine you'd think. But who knows, I guess it depends on if the cars been beat on your not. I'd say go for it if its already almost apart lol. How much would parts like that run you?

Its not the cost of the bearings that worries me. it more the realignment and. torque of a motor that has been run (by an older asian woman) for 125k miles.

i have done FAA overhaul and repair on jet engine and geatboxes and its better to leave the box in its current state so it mates to original parts then it is to return it to blueprint and risk misalignment.

If you want, I know a great shop in Somersville CT that could do the short block work if you'd rather not do it.

If you've come this far...might as well do it right.

Do you plan to keep the car ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I think I linked the OP to my thread a few days ago. If he wants to know prices.

I'll PM him with some personal info.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived