LegacyGT.com

first road trip in lgt ltd wagon....

well, i just got back from a 400 mile round trip picking my son up at camp in the southern sierra (bass lake, south of yosemite). i will say the subi acquitted itself well. we were able to pack all our camping stuff (tent, food, clothes, etc.) plus my son's camp stuff into the back with only one side of the rear seat down. the car drove well and handled nicely, returning 24.6 mpg in the process (trying to keep it around 75-80 with the ac running 100% of the time). the car eats up miles on the highway much like my m5...my wife was pleased too and she finally made an appointment to get the driver's seat tweaked by a local car upholstery guy. i find the seat ok, not great, but it has been bothering her...

Thanks for the story... sounds like a great road trip. Yes the Subaru can pack quite a punch both on the road and the ability to get all the gear in. Your MPG sounds about right esp on a long trip.

All the best

Ada///M.

OFF TOPIC

MMMMM5 I hear you say, E39? what are yr thoughts on the E60?

Sounds like a great experience!

I had a 600KM trip last month with my wife and baby and all of our stuff filled to the brim.

It was a great road trip and the most fun I've had on a long-distance drive.... ever!

Thanks for the story... sounds like a great road trip. Yes the Subaru can pack quite a punch both on the road and the ability to get all the gear in. Your MPG sounds about right esp on a long trip.

All the best

Ada///M.

OFF TOPIC

MMMMM5 I hear you say, E39? what are yr thoughts on the E60?

yup, i have a 2001 m5 which i love (don't drive it as much as i used to though). personally i'm not at all a fan of the e60's...just think the proportions don't look as 'tight' as the e39 and the rear end isn't a pretty sight. interior looks fairly stark to me as well. i've been reading a lot about the e60 m5 over at m5board.com and i'm not sure i get it with the new one....500hp but it's a much more racing car like engine--high hp at very high revs but no more torque than the e39 m5. doesn't sound like it will be much (if at all) faster in real world driving conditions....but at very high speeds it will be a total rocket. i do think they've done some good things on the handling side of the equation though...so for me, given that i don't love the exterior or interior looks, that it won't be noticably faster in most conditions and that it will be a lot more expensive, i think i'll keep driving my old e39 m5 for a while. they've become very good used car values now, especially since for the most part they are very reliable.

hope that answers your question....

Nice, another satisfied customer.

P.S. Check your oil.

thanks, we did the first oil change right before going on this trip. i'm used to some oil consumption from my car, will be switching over to synthetic probably at the next change.

Archived