LegacyGT.com

I'm a noobie To scooby...

The easiest way to determine whether or not you have a spec.b is as follows:

1. Park the car near a body of water.

2. Let car idle until it runs out of gas.

3. Fill gas tank with water from said body. It doesn't matter if it is freshwater, seawater, or bathwater just as long as you can fill the gas tank completely full.

4. Start the car and let it idle for about 10 minutes.

5. Syphon water back out of car.

If the water that you syphon out is the color of unicorn blood you own a spec.b. If it is still clear you've just ruined your car and now you can go buy a spec.b

lol

What a bad first experience on a Subaru...

Don't let it get you down. Once it's figured out, you'll love it.

Misfires can be caused by a few simple things like vacuum leaks, bad spark plug(s), bad fuel, bad injector(s). Check those things first and cross them off the list. A set of plugs are only $45 USD.

Also, if there is a reputable Subaru performance shop in the area, you should go there to get your car worked on.

Thanks for the encouragement, StoplightAssassin. I've sent the car to a different workshop. Hopefully they'll do a better job Than the previous one.

Spark plugs were the first ones I replaced. Than the previous workshop checked the ignition coils and injectors and all seemed fine. They adjusted the timing since it was off. But it was still giving a rough idle. So hopefully this other and 'reputable' workshop would solve this problem.

Archived